News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Suggested improvements to the 2-8-0

Started by Trainman203, March 10, 2021, 04:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainman203

This engine has been around well over 20 years with no changes other than operating system.  I have a couple of ideas that I hope the Bach Man might consider on future releases, none very hard to do.

1.  Use the tender from the 2-8-2, identical except for a very nice backup light which would immense help operations.
2.  Use the very nice headlight from the 2-8-2, replacing the one that's never been bright enough or looked right.
3. Add a coupler cut lever to the tender.  It's on every other engine.  Why not this one?
4.  Include an alternate oil bunker for the tender.  Bachmann used to make this part. Why not make it again.

What about it, folks?

Irbricksceo

All nice improvements, but I find it difficult to believe they would actually invest the money to do that. The 2-8-0 has remained popular, and sold well, for ages with very few changes. (though the new headlight is hilarious to me because it went from invisible on the old one, to blinding on the new one).
Modeling NYC in N

OLDERTIMER

My request would be to include a road pilot as they do with the the richland 4-4-0's, Paul G