News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track Switches

Started by AGRTERP4LIFE, December 30, 2007, 12:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AGRTERP4LIFE

There has been alot of discussion on this topic here, and I am hoping someone has an answer.  I use Bachmann EZ Track for my layout.  I prefer using EZ track because it can be used on carpet, moved to different locations if necessary.  I have been rather disappointed with the EZ track switches.  I think it is probably a weak spring.  After running for a while, the switch moves slightly off the railside, causing the cars or locomotive to derail.  Most derailments happen to the lead truck on the steam locomotive or when a switch changes in the middle of a car, the front truck goes one way and the rear truck goes off another.

I appreciate your advice.

Richard

Hobojim

Hi Richard,

I also use the eztrack system and have for more than a year now but have never had any truble i have 9 switches on my layout.. oh are you useing the Grey or black road bed? Hobojim

grumpy

Some ez track switches have a slight twist in them . You have to make sure they lie perfectly flat.
Don

tommy4u2

I to use ez track switches and have found that if you file the switches at the point where they contact the main rail if cures alot of problems the link below shows the process

http://trains.com/mrr/default.aspx?c=a&id=911

Hope this helps it sure cured my problems

Tom
My Daddy told me along time ago if you cant say something nice to  someone don't say anything at all

Dave T

I posted my gripe concerning this situation recently. I have been looking for a stiffer needle spring. I think I have located a solution at a good band instrument repair shop. Woodwind instruments use needle springs. I have a few and will try them as I get the time. I will let you know.
dave T

AGRTERP4LIFE

Thanks everyone.  I am using the grey roadbed, Nickel/Silver track and switches.  I have heard of the twisted switch issue before and will need to get it out of the layout and check it out.  From my vantage point, the rails appear to be ground correctly but I will need to get it out and recheck.

Thanks again!

elwood

hi all,

I find myself here with the same problem that others are reporting with loco and cars derailing in the switches. I am more then a little dissapointed given that I bought the "my first track" kit so as to avoid having to reinvent the wheel and would have a set I could rely on to have fun with my son with. Not the case, poor product.

I just ordered several sets of metal wheels for my cars as it seems this may help but I do not know yet. I made the other recommended changes with some improvement but 1/3 the time I still have the cars derail.

Has backmann replied to anyone's questions on this? Is there a solution or recall for the switches so I can get ones that work?

Thanks for the help,

ed

grumpy

I have ten switches on my layout and they work well . I did have a problem with two of them and by making sure they were lying flat and fastening them to the base I got rid of the problem. This also may be a problem created by  the ajoining piece of track being out of position.
Don