News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Sound Value

Started by banjoman, March 14, 2021, 05:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banjoman

I know the DCC "Sound Value" sound card is installed on my Bachmann 4-6-0 locomotive. I know the sound card comes from Soundtraxx. Where can I find the actual sound card model - name? (Tsunami2? or Econami?  or what???) It would be helpful to have this info!
Thanks, Mike

rich1998

To my knowledge they are what is called stripped down models. Not all features. That has been generally known for sometime.
I have an onboard 4-6-0 that I got about maybe eight years ago before this series and it did not have all the features of the Tsunami models I bought to install myself.
Some years ago when this started happening many thought they were being cheated since it was not a full Tsunami. I saw complaints in different forums. Some ripped them out.

Rich

rich1998

You do not understand, SoundTraxx makes them to Bachmann standards. Cost cutting. Deal with it.
Just check the CV's. Many assumed.

Rich

banjoman

Thanks, Rich. It is what it is, I'll just deal with it.
Mike

rich1998

Here is an active SoudnfTraxx Group I use to belong to for some years.

https://groups.io/g/SoundTraxxUsers

Rich

rich1998

A few years ago SoundTrax came up with a line of motor only decoders. It was noted by many in other forums that they had issues matching up different decoder speeds. Check the SoundTraxx site The motor only match the sound decoders speeds.

Rich