Question Regarding Bachmann EZ Command Controller

Started by ferroequinologist, March 21, 2021, 03:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferroequinologist

Hello,
As mentioned before, I plan on converting my 4x8 layout to a 5x10 layout, and plan on using the Bachmann EZ Command DCC Controller for my locomotives.  I'll likely, however, have about two inches of space between the track and the edge of the layout, which may not be enough space on which to rest the controller.  With that in mind, I'm wondering if there is a way for me to create a shelf or an angled/hinged platform on which I would be able to put the EZ Command Controller.  Thank you for your help :).

jward

Are you using traditional benchwork, where a sheet of plywood is laid over a box framework of 1x4s? If so, it is very easy to build a shelf by screwing a length of 1x4 or 1x6 to the bottom of the framework so it projects outward. You can add braces to strengthen it by cutting sections of 1x4 diagonally at a 45 degree angle, then screwing them to both the shelf and the vertical edge of the framework.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Terry Toenges

That's pretty much what I did on my first one many years ago. It's on hinges with a bar underneath that swung out to brace it in the up position.
Feel like a Mogul.

plint

You don't need much because it's small and light.  Just add a little shelf like Jeff said.  I'd put a small border around it so it won't slide off by accident.
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.