News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Shipping News! Pics of new 4-6-0!

Started by the Bach-man, March 25, 2021, 11:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Bach-man

Dear Loco Bill, Teddy Y, and all,
   On a recent trip to Philly I managed to snag a paint sample (painted/ unlettered, not much of a paint sample!)
of the new 10 Wheeler.
    Here are a few pictures I took on the Sterling Mountain and Hudson.
I can tell you, on a downgrade, it ran with absolutely no gear noise!  Of course, this was because, as a paint sample, there are no gears or motor installed!
    You can, however, see the new tooling.  Please note that many detail parts (couplers, etc.) are missing.
The loco, detail-wise. is basically the same; the changes are internal.
    The new (expensive!) tooling is on the tender.  Note the smaller rivets, wood grain detail, scale trucks and wheels, coal load,
metal ladder and stirrup steps, etc.
    I think the new street price will compare very favorably with the Barry's Big Train price of twenty years ago, making this the best buy in a Large Scale steam loco!
    I plan on adding three!

Here's the link, thanks to Inside Track:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Iwei7Al9TIlAiBAcUJj7QJjjl3LMU31ju-NyD4kyvNM/edit#slide=id.gcaabe08d8d_0_1

Have fun!
the Bachman

tedyarbrough

The Bachman,
Thank You! Many have been waiting on the detail shots of the new tender. Now, we wait for the two Rio Grande paint version photos :) Can you give us any more arrival info?
Happy Rails To You,
Teddy Y

Greg Elmassian

Much nicer, although I don't see the socket inside, so probably the non-motorized unit you saw, no electronics.

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

the Bach-man

Hey, Greg!
Yes, it was completely empty fore and aft.
When I get an operating sample I'll take more pictures.
Best,
the Bach-man

RailMan63

It looks awesome! It does, however, look very much like your On30 4-6-0, which is no longer in production.
I own 2 of the On30 4-6-0's(ET&WNC),and they're great little engines.
Why were they discontinued?
Can't wait to add  this new large scale 4-6-0 go my ever growing train collection!

tedyarbrough

Hey Bach-man,
'April Fool's Day' has passed. Give us some photos of the painted Rio Grande versions! Maybe even updated arrival dates.
Happy Rails To You,
Teddy Y

Mark Oles

I am also seeing a pin instead of the hook and loop coupler.  What's the drawbar look like?  That's a change, yes?

Tender looks a lot nicer than the old BH version! 

tedyarbrough

Mark,
  The C-19 uses the pin with drawbar. Works well (two holes for close coupling and wider spaced coupling between loco and tender). Looks like the trucks are from the C-19 as well. Waiting for painted loco photos for sure! Hopefully SOON!
Happy Rails To You,
Teddy Y

Mark Oles

Ted,

Very nice!! Departing from that hook to a loop, seeming based on the mid 80s practice, is great! I have an LGB 2017D that had that style coupler.  I used a keychain ring to semi-permanently couple them together.

tedyarbrough

The Bachman,
Any updates with new Rio Grande production run photos? Any update on actual in hobby shop time frame? My railroad needs one, or two, or three!
Happy Rails To You,
Teddy Y

tedyarbrough

Are we there yet? I mean, are they here yet? ;D

the Bach-man

Dear Teddy, Loco Bill, and all,
I've been told they have sailed today!
We will have flown-in production models at the Garden Railways Convention in Nashville, 
and all things being equal (shipping delays at ports-of-entry are now common) I hope they'll
be at your dealers' by the end of June.
I can't wait to get mine!
Anticipate!
the Bach-man

tedyarbrough

The Bach-man,
The anticipation is now notched up a few degrees! Send me one down and I will run it for the pretour for the convention May 29!
Happy Rails To You,
Teddy Y.
PS-you would be welcome at my pretour, might even treat you to some southern BBQ:)

tedyarbrough

Friends,
Two weeks from today, the vendor hall will open at the 2021 National Garden Railroad Convention in Nashville. The factory production run painted Rio Grande locos will be on display there. Looking forward to it. It has been awhile coming, but from early info it will be worth the wait.
Happy Rails To You,
Teddy Y
PS-You can still run them on my garden railroad for the pretour! I will bring them back to you at Nashville (maybe).

Loco Bill Canelos

Wish I could be there to see them!  I am desperate to get a picture of the bottom cover of the loco.  Bach-man can you get me one!!(send me the whole loco I will take the picture myself) ;D

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!