Will Bachmann 44932 DCC controller work with MRC AD491 Walk Around Handheld

Started by Ralph S, March 27, 2021, 12:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph S

Hopefully someone can answer this DCC question, since I don't have any specs on either system...yet.
Can anyone one tell me if the Bachmann 44932 DCC controller (or the 44902) work with MRC AD491 Walk Around Handheld controller?

I've had previous luck in dissecting the DCC controllers and obtaining valuable information, although not in my favor in this forum.  Hopefully I can get support in this question, which entertains mixing two different manufacturers components.   Since Bachmann discontinued its walkaround 44907, I'm still working on reverse engineering their simple DCC controller to create my own walkaround controller, when I came across the MRC AD491 controller.   
Any information that you can provide regarding the above question will be greatly appreciated. 

Hunt

The Bachmann 44932 or 44902 E-Z Command Control Center cannot be used with the MRC AD491 Walk Around Handheld controller.

Ralph S

Thanks.  You saved me a nasty headache.  Friend was going to give me that model for free.

jward

I would add that I know of no DCC system that supports additional controllers from another manufacturer.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA