News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-8-4 Econami Decoder Issues

Started by Rachel Harder, March 28, 2021, 07:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachel Harder

Hello all,
I am very new at using DCC. I have ran DC for many years and haven't had much issues. But I just decided to move to DCC because there are a lot more options. Well I just bought a brand new 2-8-8-4 stream engine with the Econami sound value decoder and I am having some issues. I changed the CVs so it would have slower starting and stopping momentum rates and everything was working great. Now it seems like the decoder forgot what setting I put the CVs to and it has an instant response. I then did a complete factory reset on the CVs to see if that was the problem. But after I set the CVs again the momentum rates are still instant. I am wondering if I could of done something wrong, or did I receive a bad decoder? This engine and decoder only has less then 2 hours of use on it.
Thanks for all you help
Rachel

Rachel Harder

I have figured out what the issue was. Some how the switcher mode got turned on. Once I figured that out and turned it off then everything started to work again. I don't know why the full factory reset didn't work, but it works now.