Need inst. for Silver streak 4 wheel caboose

Started by jerryl, December 28, 2007, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryl

Another ebay adventure,   " WON" a Silver Streak 4 wheel caboose kit & when it arrived it had no instructions.  Could anyone out there help me? It's a wood & cast metal kit.  # 929-182.  THANK YOU.  Jerry

r.cprmier

About the best thing to do is to find out who bought out Silver Streak (if, in fact, anyone did at all), and contact them.  For its day, Silver Streak ranked among the top craftsman type kits on the market, along with Ambroid, Ulrich, LaBelle, etc; all originals now ghosts haunting the memories of the old salts here.  Pity.
This should be an interesting investigation; do keep us posted on your progress.

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Woody Elmore

The Silver Streak line may have been purchase by Main Line Models although I remember reading that Walthers had acquired the line.

I would check out the Main Line Models website. Contact them and they be able to help you locate plans. I have dealt with this company and they go out of their way to be helpful. You might try buying one or two of their new kits - very nice.

Silver Streak kits were always my favorite. They weren't too difficult to build and could always have details added. I still have several reffers and two cabooses.

SteamGene

Try Ye Olde Huff n Puff - http://www.yeoldehuffnpuff.com  Main Line Models is interesting, too.  :o
Merry Fifth Day of Christmas
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Atlantic Central

Jerry,

Silver Streak is now one of the lines manufactured by YE OLDE HUFF N PUFF.

They are on the WEB at www.yeoldehuffnpuff.com and they still offer the 4 wheel caboose (as well as most all of the silver steak line) so I'm sure they can help you out.

Sheldon

r.cprmier

I still have several reffers and two cabooses.

Woody;
What are "reffers"?  Are those the things that go on top of the house to make up the ref?

I liked Silver Streak kits also.  I was only a kid when they were in their heyday, but they were nice.   I'll checkout Mainline Models, and you keep working on that ref.

RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Woody Elmore

'Reffers" are what you call reefers when you type fast and don't read what you've written.

You are correct - Ye Olde Huff and Puff" is the company that now owns Silver Streak. Main Line has new owners and I bought On3 passenger car kits from them. Their service was great and I also dealt with Ye Olde Huff and Puff - they are very helpful also.

jerryl

Quote from: r.cprmier on December 29, 2007, 09:13:23 AM
About the best thing to do is to find out who bought out Silver Streak (if, in fact, anyone did at all), and contact them.  For its day, Silver Streak ranked among the top craftsman type kits on the market, along with Ambroid, Ulrich, LaBelle, etc; all originals now ghosts haunting the memories of the old salts here.  Pity.
This should be an interesting investigation; do keep us posted on your progress.
Someone sent me a website, I clicked on it & lo & behold the instruction sheet apeared. I printed it out & I'm ready to go. Thanks to all for your help.  Jerry
Rich

jerryl

Quote from: r.cprmier on December 29, 2007, 09:13:23 AM

Rich   Someone sent me a link...I clicked on it & the instruction sheet apeared. The net can be great...Thanks to all. Jerry L