BIG HAULER SET & RC set INSTRUCTIONS. 4-6-0 REPAIR Tips & more! 6/9/2021 Update

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, December 09, 2011, 11:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Greg, 

Frequencies, Battery comments, and instructions are all covered already under the blue heading "Radio Controlled Big Hauler Set Instructions" Scroll to the link below the heading and you will find everything you need there.

Cheers & Beers!

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Greg Elmassian

Sorry Bill I missed the first link, I deleted my post, but is there a way to figure out the transmitter frequency if the white sticker is gone?

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

Loco Bill Canelos

Greg, 

Only way to know is to take a transmitter and test it on a locos on both frequencies.  Then once u see which loco the transmitter runs, mark the transmitter. There were never any diagrams, and no lifetime limited warranty at first.

The critical thing on the R/C sets is to realize they were sold as toys, built as toys, and sold at Toy stores, and not in hobby shops.  I got a set a KMart on sale for 19.95, and another at Walmart for 24.95 when they first came out.  I painted the locos up in basic black and lettered them for my model railroad.  They looked great and sat next to my engine house as "look good" items, and made good use of the freight cars,  1988 seems like yesterday to me.  I had an LGB set I got in Germany in 1972 for the US equivalent of $75.  I used that loco till Bachmann came out with the electric version of the 4-6-0, then bought one, and got rid of the LGB as I never did care for the European prototypes.  Bachmann was a leader in Large scale US prototype, and thankfully that success let to all the US prototype models we have today, but they rarely gets any respect for what they did. 

Bill

MotoJoJo

what is the train number? Thought I read that if the train was let's say #7 then it was the 27htz freq.
It it was like 99 then it's the 49htz freq....or did I read that incorrectly.

Loco Bill Canelos

you are correct
if loco has a number ending in 7 then the frequency is 27mhz
                               9                       49mhz