News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-0 Connie tender trucks

Started by nymark, April 25, 2021, 11:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nymark

Well, I was able to get my TSU 4400 decoder in the Connie. I was quite happy with my work and being able to do the install. I put the speaker right under the smokestack and all works pretty well. I did not get the smokebox and firepan working but I can go back in and connect these at some point. It might involve unsoldering wires and I think Greg's site explains it pretty well. I have been really happy with the way the Connie runs.

Unfortunately, I was quite disappointed yesterday when I went to run it. I picked it up and put it on the raised loop I made and the front tender trucks were broken. They seem to have just "disintegrated" so to speak. It was very strange. I did read something about using the wrong kind of lube and how this could damage the plastic (also maybe from Greg's site). I do not think I used anything other than large scale products.

Has anyone had this happen? I ordered two new trucks from Bachmann but am worried about a repeat of this. The Connie isn't quite as interesting as my newer locos but it's my baby now that I've taken it apart and put it back together a few times.

Any insight would be much appreciated!
Phil