News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann parts service

Started by RGW, April 25, 2021, 01:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGW

I want to say that Bachmann has great parts support . I have been working on a Kitbashed HO  2-6-8-0 and need some parts. Bachmann's on line parts and fast shipping are great (5 days from order)

The engine is not Bachmann ,but a Mantua 2-6-6-2 converted to 2-6-8-0 with Riv Hvy Pacific boiler
I wanted The Bachmann Hvy mountion boiler ,but it is too long for my frame. I am using a Spectrum tender and brake rigging and wire and plugs from the Bachmann parts catalog.

I wish all Mfg had the same parts  availability

jward

Parts availability depends on the model. There are many locomotives Bachmann has made in the past where parts are hard to come by. For those, you may need to look on ebay or find somebody who has 3d printed compatible parts.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

RGW

I agree. However I have ordered parts many times for kitbash projects and It is great to be able to see what parts are available on line with photos to find what I need.

I used Bachmann tender to engine plugs on my projects for easy disconnecting of the tender.
I do release them from the 2-8-0 arrangement and mount the more like the newer release with the wire coming from the tender and plugging in to tender.