News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Trench stuff

Started by Ton N, April 28, 2021, 05:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ton N

Here is a small clip I made from the 2-6-2 trench locomotive and a rake of complementing cars I custom made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S6jW-szpHc

Ton

the Bach-man

Very nice!
the Bach-man

jonathan

Yes. Very nice indeed!

Regards,

Jonathan

Fred Klein

Great video, Ton. I really like the custom built cars. Did you use your Silhouette Cameo for any of it? Just curious. Thanks for a great video.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

p51

Ton, very good work!  ;D
I recognize most of these prototypes from Richard Dunn's "Narrow Gauge to No Man's Land" book. You did a great job on the builds and paint/decals.
-Lee

Ton N

Quote from: Fred Klein on April 30, 2021, 10:11:31 AM
Great video, Ton. I really like the custom built cars. Did you use your Silhouette Cameo for any of it? Just curious. Thanks for a great video.

Yes all of it except the Kadee / Tichy train group trucks and couplers.
I used to mark the parts by hand.
Thank god for the cutting plotter.
Saves me a lot of work.
The parts are not cut loose by the machine so releasing them from the sheet is still a job I have to do by hand.

Ton

Ton N

Quote from: p51 on April 30, 2021, 01:28:49 PM
Ton, very good work!  ;D
I recognize most of these prototypes from Richard Dunn's "Narrow Gauge to No Man's Land" book. You did a great job on the builds and paint/decals.

Yes you are correct.
A friend of mine has the books and lend them to me.
That is the job half done.

Ton

Biglars

Ton N

As you can see in the movie i have a grey painted version.
It runs fine, no problems.
I programmed it as it starts and stops it give off the appropriate whistle sounds.
OK this as an intro.
Recently, i couldn't help myself, i bought a black version.
It runs but it also goes into the stay alive mode at the most random places.
When i clean the track it usually ends at that spot but appears at an other one.
I had to switch off the whistle sounds, i programmed, because after an hour listening to random whistles you get the urge to give the loco a free flying lesson.
What could be the problem that this version is more susceptible to faults than my grey one.
Not the colour..........

Ton

Btw, i had a look at the pickups and slightly adjusted them.
No joy, it still goes into the stay alive mode.

Fred Klein

Hi Ton,

Just a thought. When I was still modeling in N scale, one of my diesels, a Bachmann, exhibited weird symptoms like you describe. This loco did not have sound, so it was mainly the lights would go off at various times of flash - stuff like that. Checked the pickups, wires, etc. and all was good. After going over the circuit board, which meant removing it from its mount on the loco, my fingers happened to feel one of the resistors move. Closer inspection showed a faulty/cold solder joint. The copper trace was intact on the board, but the solder had not made a connection to it. Reheating the joint solved the problem. This is the only issue of that type that I've encountered in all my years of modeling. I know its a long shot but it may solve your problem. Hope this helps.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

white823

Great job. I saw your video. I also make videos related to 2d animation and 3d animation. You can watch it here.