News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Girder walls for EZ track

Started by 2ManyHobbies, May 07, 2021, 09:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2ManyHobbies

I was wondering if anyone sales girder walls for EZ track to make an ... EZ bridge. I bought one of the 9" bridges which works fine. Though rather than buy extra track pieces (which this essentially is), I'd like to figure out how to use the EZ track I got and make it into a bridge. I did a search last night and got a bunch of girder bridge results, not the walls. I appreciate the help.

Len

You'll find most girder bridges do not have ballast build up on them like that under the EZ-Track pieces. Which is why most of us either use the code 100 track version of other mfg's girder bridges, or scratch build our own.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

2ManyHobbies

Quote from: Len on May 07, 2021, 11:16:30 AM
You'll find most girder bridges do not have ballast build up on them like that under the EZ-Track pieces. Which is why most of us either use the code 100 track version of other mfg's girder bridges, or scratch build our own.

Len

That is sort of what I'm looking to do (build my own). I figure if the walls "clip" on or attach to the sides of the EZ track, you will basically have the same thing as an EZ girder bridge. The EZ girder bridge looks like it is 3 pieces but I'm unsure if it will break if I try to disassemble it, think it is glued.

Sounds like it hasn't been tried which is why I'm not finding much on it.

Terry Toenges

Peco makes girder bridge sides. Is that what you are looking for? I don't think anyone makes them specifically for E-Z Track.
Feel like a Mogul.

2ManyHobbies

I saw this and agreed with the responses above that EZ track doesn't convert to bridges easily. You pretty much have to either buy the Bachmann EZ track bridges or make your own. I appreciate the help though :)

Terry Toenges

Get a piece of plastic and cut it just wide enough to where you could glue the girder sides on it and then slip it under the E-Z Track. In real life, bridges aren't like that but, in the hobby, you can do whatever works and most people won't know the difference anyway.
On one of my old layouts, I needed a curved bridge so I built a bridge around a piece of E-Z Track. I laid the track on a piece of wood, then cut some other pieces of wood for the curve parts and glued the plastic sides to it.
Feel like a Mogul.