Need help finding parts for a Bachmann Class J 4-8-4 #608 (Item No. 41-1096)

Started by Sam Morgan, May 14, 2021, 06:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Morgan

A couple of weeks ago, I lucked into an estate sale that included a lot of different brands and gauges of engines, rolling stock, transformers, track, and more. There were a lot of things that were complete and operated just fine. There were many more that didn't and could use some TLC. One of the items I found buried at the bottom of a plastic tote was this locomotive. However, it's missing several parts that Bachmann no longer carries because of its age. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who could help, because I'm a masochist at heart and believe all old trains are worthy of care, and should be proudly displayed or run as they were intended, and I would like to get this engine running again. Here is a list of the parts that I need to complete the job:
Part 3701 - Pilot Truck and Wheel Assembly complete with Washer and Spring
Part 3702 - Trailing Truck and Wheel Assembly complete with Washer and Spring
Part 3704 - Draw Bar
Part 3705 - Draw Bar Mounting Block
Part 3710 - Screws (21 Pcs)
I know it's a shot in the dark, but if any of you have some spares, or know where I can find them, please let me know. Also, I could use the complete tender as it was completely missing. If you have the tender and/or the parts listed, please let me know your price(s) and how I may go about purchasing them. Thank you for your help!