News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Maunsell HO

Started by Infogoddess, May 25, 2021, 03:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infogoddess

My grandson's Maunsell HO derailed due to a piece of unstable track (Major Gramma fail!). In the process, the tender separated from the engine. I cannot figure out how to reattach the tender. No pieces appear to be broken, there is a small hole where a "coupler" may have been. The tender "coupler" is a "Y" shape with a tiny piece sticking up at the end of each "Y".  I'm not able to upload a pic right now. Does anyone out there have this engine and tender that will post a picture of the back end of the engine so that I may see exactly what I need to find? Thank you so much for your help.

RAM

What locomotive do you have?

Len

Maunsell designed locomotives were mainly built for the British 'South Eastern & Chatham Railway (SE&CR), railway, which later became part of the 'Southern' railway. They came in various wheel arrangements, including:

4-6-0
2-6-0
0-6-0
4-4-0

Maunsell also designed a number of dining salon and composite diners for the railway's passenger service.

HO/OO models of his locomotives are/were made by Bachmann Europe and Hornby that I know of. Shapeways makes Maunsell style shells that can be put on other's mechanisms with the correct wheel arrangement.

I suspect contacting Bachmann UK will be the best bet for this lady to find the part and/or instructions she's looking for.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Terry Toenges

I guess there isn't an "Ask the Bach Gent" site.
Here's a link for their UK customer support.
https://www.bachmann.co.uk/page/customer-support
Feel like a Mogul.