Follow-on question originally from Mark Oles re: Trolley Motor Question (2019)

Started by QuadKef2337, June 21, 2021, 01:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadKef2337

Hi All.
I have just joined this very helpful forum after changing from 'O' scale to On30 (room downsizing in new location).  The above noted topic from 2019 was very interesting and helpful to me, as I am looking for a complete spare motor/chassis assembly as fitted to the On30 trolley car.  I have searched the Bachmann store and both the complete assembled motor/chassis and the motor are not in stock.  Does anyone know if this On30 model has been discontinued, or know of a business that may have a new motorized assembly in stock please?  I realize that the well known  on-line trading site has numerous new and used complete On30 trollies for sale, but I really only require the motor assembly. Also, most models on sale are priced at 3 times the cost of the spare part listed by Bachmann. (Bachmann price very reasonable even converted from Canadian Dollars!).  I did consider purchasing all the available spare parts to make up the motorized chassis, but without the correct motor, and one other part that is out of stock, this may be a futile exercise.  Thanks in advance for any advice or information.  WF, Canada.