News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ON30 Forney

Started by fld63, June 27, 2021, 08:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fld63

Hello everyone!
Does any know how long ago the ON30 2-4-4 Forney was discontinued?
Does Bachmann sometimes discontinue their ON30 models for a while, then reintroduce them, or do they usually never reintroduce discontinued models?
I am hoping Bachmann reintroduces the model in the future. 

Thanks!

Fred Klein

As near as I can tell from my back issues of Bachmann's catalogs, the Forney was featured in the 2013 issue but not in the 2014 issue, so one can only assume that it was discontinued sometime in that time-frame.

To answer your other question, yes, Bachmann sometimes re-issues a model, usually with some upgrades and/or new features.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

fld63

Thanks for checking previous catalog issues. I'll hope for the best for a re-release. I had the LGB German made Forney (I remember paying about $350 for it new) but sold it years later, because of limited space in my home.

As a separate note, I just purchased the Bachmann ON30 Baldwin 4-6-0 from Trainworld, which does not appear in Bachmann's current catalog. It was unavailable anywhere, until last week when 15 of the units were listed for sale for $99, on the Trainworld website.

Frank

p51

Seems like their best sellers are now out of production. I don't have hard data but it seems like they flooded the market, made many thing the stuff wasn't worth anything when you could find it on sale everywhere and now it's dried up, showing how people still want them...
Quote from: fld63 on June 27, 2021, 03:30:42 PMAs a separate note, I just purchased the Bachmann ON30 Baldwin 4-6-0 from Trainworld, which does not appear in Bachmann's current catalog. It was unavailable anywhere, until last week when 15 of the units were listed for sale for $99, on the Trainworld website.
I'll have to check that out. I regretted not getting another ET&WNC ten wheeler when they had them on sale (just as a backup or parts source).
-Lee