News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-0 Consolidation - screws??

Started by chmaley, July 05, 2021, 10:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chmaley

After many years, I'm replacing gears and motor. Most of the screws are impossible to extract and I've drilled them out. None of the parts diagrams define what is needed for the new motor, gearbox parts, etc. The Bachmann website does not provide parts diagrams and I'm working with verty old diagrams that exclude all motor related parts. I've ordered al of the parts but not the screws. Maybe the parts come with screws? That would be a nice touch.

Fred2179

I assume you found the 81294-2-Bachmann-Parts diagram. The motor is shown on page 3, with the gears, etc. It is on the 2-8-0 Part page:
https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=69_142

If you Google "site:bachmanntrains.com consolidation motor" you will find many threads here on this, and also google "site:mylargescale.com bachmann connie motor".

I am surprised you had to drill out the screws. I have never heard or experienced a problem getting them out - and I am working on a 2-8-0 conversion at the moment - as long as you have the right size Phillips screwdriver and you don't destroy the screw heads.