News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EM-1 Wiring Harness Replacement

Started by Reading7600, July 12, 2021, 02:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reading7600

So my original wiring 4 pin plug that connects the tender to the locomotive went bad and I ordered a replacement. Unfortunately they don't have the exact replacement and said the other one would work.  Well No go and there are NO DIAGRAMS on which wires go to where. Nor was Bachmann very helpful.  Anyone have any suggestions or perhaps a wiring drawing?  Also the plugs don't fit properly.  Anyone else having these issues?

jonathan

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,18857.0.html

Reading,

Since they didn't have a harness for the EM-1, I suspect you were sent the harness for the Consolidation.  They are very similar, if not identical.

Wiring diagrams for model locomotives pretty much do not exist.  Your only choice is to open the locomotive and the tender, and visually trace the wiring.  The boards are marked at the point where the wires are soldered.  I know it's hard. Something we have to live with... and enjoy.  :)

The link above is my thread on tinkering with the EM-1.  You may find something helpful.  Good luck!

Regards,

Jonathan

Reading7600

Thanks Johnathan.  I wish I would have color coded the wires between the Tender and Locomotive before I removed it.  I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.  Tried several different arrangements with the wires with no luck.  Plus the plugs don't fit properly.  Bachmann should be offering an exact replacement. (They did but now it's Out of Production).  Makes me so mad that they can't help.

Matt