STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2022, 02:56:36 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Future suggestions/predictions thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: Future suggestions/predictions thread  (Read 28130 times)
clrp5150

I like star wars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2022, 10:23:11 PM »

I don't think they would make Connor and Caitlin, but I would buy both in a heartbeat if they did. Sorry but I don't think a shooting star Gordon would sell very well, because not many people are interested in him, and it would take a whole new mold instead of just a recolor. Speaking of recolors, the next one I'm expecting is Chocolate Percy, but I think they'll take a break after that with the possible exception of green Salty and Sidney. Honestly at this point I don't think they'll make any new molds for HO engines for another 5 years or so, but I'm fine with that. As you can see below I would love way more characters, but I don't feel like there's a good chance Bachmann would make them.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 10:25:00 PM by clrp5150 » Logged

Wishlist (If these were made into HO scale I would buy them):
Locomotives: Stepney, Harvey, Murdoch, Arthur, Molly, Stanley, Connor, Caitlin, Merlin, BoCo, Diesel 10, Sidney, Den, Dart
Rolling stock: Tar Tanker rerelease, Old slow coach, and a circus train
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2022, 03:53:51 PM »

Honestly I would be perfectly okay if Bachmann wanted to take a break from making new engine molds if it meant that they could expand more on rolling stock (especially with the N scale range) and even focus a lot more on the upcoming human figure packs and expanding that lineup.
BubbleBuddyFan

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2022, 06:48:15 PM »

More HO/OO Snowplows would be interested in the future! Large Scale Thomas’ Snowplow needs to rereleased in the future! Make sure to find Snowplows from Shapeways. I would like to get HO Hiro with Moving Eyes in the future! Hope you have a good day!
clrp5150

I like star wars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2022, 02:04:56 PM »

Yes, thank you! If they updated engines 1-12 to have the same holes as Thomas has, then they could then release the current one in green for Percy, Duck and Oliver, and use the blue one for Edward, and then make a new mold for Henry, Gordon, James, Donald and Douglas. There's a fat chance of this happening, I know, but I still think it would be cool.

Wishlist (If these were made into HO scale I would buy them):
Locomotives: Stepney, Harvey, Murdoch, Arthur, Molly, Stanley, Connor, Caitlin, Merlin, BoCo, Diesel 10, Sidney, Den, Dart
Rolling stock: Tar Tanker rerelease, Old slow coach, and a circus train
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2022, 07:29:41 AM »

I've been thinking about it, and here are some of my thoughts for the futures of some of the ranges:

HO:
I'm not really sure where they'll go with this range in the future, considering they've done most of the classic characters, and even brought Salty back. I would like to see them bring the new rolling stock from Large Scale (especially the Chocolate Van) into the range, and I think more figure packs would be cool as well.

Narrow Gauge:
I'm also not sure where they'll go with this next, because they just covered most of their bases with Sir Handel and BMQ trucks. I could see them doing a brown brakevan, maybe some new open wagons that don't use the Peco tooling, and Duncan.

N:
I think this line is in a place where Bachmann really should consider expanding it and making it more unique compared to the others. I would hope that they'll announce more rolling stock at the NMRA Show in July, as there's really not much in the range that we're still waiting on. I think the Milk and Tar Tanks, Coal Wagon with Load, and Red & Blue open wagons would be really good (or even just some of them).

After that, I would hope that they could do a new engine next year as well. Depending on where they are with Toby and Emily by then, I would hope they can do either Gordon and Henry together, or Edward if they haven't gotten too far with Toby and Emily. I think these engines would really help differentiate the line from Large Scale, which could be pretty crucial for its future.

Large:
For this, I would hope they could do another engine like Edward or Mavis, and then I could see them doing Toby's Museum Coaches as well.

Bachmann trains are awesome! Here's my ShapeWays Shop link: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kemptown-carriage-works
Armada Starscream

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2022, 02:30:24 AM »

I just had a thought!

Maybe, since Bachmann is doing a lot of repaints of existing engines, like LBSC Thomas, Origins James, and Busy Bee James, they also make a set of items that I KNOW people would buy, myself included!

Blue Bachmann Donald and Douglas, like in the Railway Series books!

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Donald_and_Douglas/Gallery?file=Percy%2527sPorridgeRS1.png

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Donald_and_Douglas/Gallery?file=OutofPuffRS2.png

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Donald_and_Douglas/Gallery?file=Edward%2527sExploitRS7.png

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this, in the original Railway Series books by the Awdry Family, Donald and Douglas arrived in the unlined black goods livery, with the only thing telling them apart are the numbers 9 and 10 that are painted on their tenders. When The Fat Controller/Sir Topham Hatt decides to let them both stay, they are both given new coats of paint, with their names painted on the sides. In the Television series, the twins remained in their black livery.

But in the Railway Series books, they were instead painted into Caledonian Blue.

This is a classic livery for the twins that many people have tried their hand at customizing their Bachmann Donald and Douglas into.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pokemanmaster97/status/1503854957954535424

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0HGDrawV0M

And not just Bachmann Models: Modelers have made custom blue Donald and Douglas out of other merchandise as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu9DI2yfG6Y

https://www.deviantart.com/chipmunkraccoonoz/art/Donald-and-Douglas-custom-paint-255686601

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXFsXg1JOlE

https://twitter.com/domeless_engine/status/869255256793784320

So why not Bachmann take this opportunity to cash in on popular versions of well loved characters?

This would be a great opportunity to cater to Thomas fans who are not so artistically inclined, myself included. In addition, these would be just repaints of existing engines, without the need make any new molds, even for faces!

And for those who are skeptical of a RWS livery being made, keep in mind that Bachmann has done this before

With the Spiteful Brakevan:

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/The_Spiteful_Brake_Van/Gallery?file=BreakVanRS1.png

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Bachmann/Gallery?file=BachmannSpitefulBrakevan.jpg

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Bachmann/Gallery?file=BachmannlargescaleSpitefulBrakevan.png

and the Narrow-Gauge Blue Box Van/Cora:

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Cora/Gallery?file=HomeatLastRS5.png

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Cora/Gallery?file=HomeatLastRS2.png

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Bachmann/Gallery?file=BachmannNGBoxVanBlue.jpg
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2022, 02:31:02 PM »

Now that Yellow Rheneas and N Scale James are getting released, I decided to take a look at what products are still unreleased for each range and which stages they were at when mentioned by Bachmann.

HO Scale
- DCC Sound Thomas & Percy (remedial interior work done to fit decoders; delayed by semi-conductor shortage)
- Ryan (unpainted sample)
- Salty (painted sample)
- Red Express Coaches (painted samples)
- Explosives Van (unknown)
- Tidmouth Sheds (unknown)
- Figure Packs (unknown)

Narrow Gauge
- Peter Sam (boxed; waiting for shipping container)
- Sir Handel (unknown)
- Brake Vans (Unknown)
- Box Vans (unknown)
- High-side BMQ Wagons (unknown)

N Scale
- Toby (Unknown)
- Emily (Unknown)
- Emily's Coaches (Unknown)
- Percy Set (Unknown, but all pieces physically exist)

Large Scale
- Chocolate Factory Van (Unknown)
- Brendam Bay Shipping Van (Unknown)

This might not be interesting to some people, but it is to me, and I think we might be able to use it to predict what could happen for the NMRA and February Announcements.
- HO Scale is actually pretty well caught up with its announcements. Ryan now has an unpainted sample, and I think we should see a painted one by the end of the year, which is pretty much par for the course with new tooling engines. The only announcements here that have been delayed are DCC Sound Thomas & Percy.
- Narrow Gauge has quite the backlog going, with Peter Sam still unreleased and no sign of tooling samples for the Box Vans and Brake Vans.
- N scale is fairly caught up; with James now released, I think we'll probably see Toby soon, and after that, there's not much else we're waiting on.
- Large Scale has hardly any unreleased products; just two Vans, which Bachmann could probably get out by next summer, judging by the past.
We know that NMRA announcements are generally pretty small, but I think we could probably see some products. Based on the lists above, I think we could see a new HO wagon or two, hopefully some N Scale Wagons (I'd hope for the Milk and Tar Tanks, the Coal Wagon, and Red Wagon myself), and maybe even a surprise new engine for Large Scale, since there's not much Bachmann's working on there (remember how Edward was on the table for no reason in the 2022 Announcement Video?).

After that, for February 2023, I think we may even be able to see a new Engine announcement in HO, then a new engine announcement in N Scale (Hopefully Edward or Gordon & Henry [Gordon and Henry almost count as one engine, right? They use a lot of common parts]) and some more rolling stock to expand the range more (they still have so much potential for a new wagon, or even more tankers and open wagons). I think we might see a new open wagon tooling and Brown Brake Van announced in Narrow Gauge next year, depending on how things develop with the current products. Finally, in Large Scale, if they don't already get a new engine announcement at NMRA 2022, I'd be very surprised if they don't get one here. I could also see Toby's Museum Coaches make it into the range.

What do you guys think, and what would you want to see next based on where Bachmann is right now? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Bachmann trains are awesome! Here's my ShapeWays Shop link: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kemptown-carriage-works
plas man

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2022, 06:05:40 PM »

more Bachmann Thomas & freinds on sale/in the hobby shops in United Kingdom
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2022, 02:59:33 PM »

For a new engine tooling in HO Scale, now that Ryan's tooling is complete because he has an unpainted prototype ready, I'd like to see if Porter is still possible to go with Salty, but if his scaling is too problematic, other great choices include Stanley, Samson, Norman, Timothy, or Philip. Don't know about Stepney or BoCo solely because neither appeared in the CGI series, but would be a miracle if either one gets announced. The former five wouldn't be too hard for Bachmann; being small engines (Norman to a lesser extent). For recolors, the only ones I can think of that would make the most sense are Sidney and Green Salty. I'd take either one if a new tooling can't really happen at this time. The only thing holding Marion back is her shovel, which could breech NMRA standards; being a gimmicky design. Otherwise, she would be more possible, with a powered rear bogie like Daisy.

Regarding N Scale products, we could really use more rolling stock, like the Milk Tanker, Red Open Wagon, Coal Wagon w/ Load, Red Coaches, and a simple Brake Van. The next engine after Emily should be Edward, Henry, or Gordon. We may start getting side characters like Diesel, Paxton, Mavis, or Bill and Ben, even before completing the original Steam Team. Recolors like LBSC Thomas and Origin James are also viable.

As for Large Scale, the next new engine tooling should be Edward, Mavis, or Bill and Ben. Recolors like LBSC Thomas and Origin James are also possible. Don't know if Busy Bee James sold well enough in HO Scale, which had very iffy reactions when first announced. Bill and Ben are highly possible in Large Scale because both engines would use the same tooling, and they're small engines. Philip is a possible CGI character in Large Scale as well; being a small engine, and another diesel. Though, the diesel that would get the best reception would be Mavis. For rolling stock, Toby's Museum Coaches are possible.

NMRA announcements are usually small, but we may see a few of these for 2023.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 03:38:45 PM by TrainFan97 » Logged

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Norman, Porter, Timothy, Samson, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Gordon, Henry, Edward, and Diesel.
TrainsPlushiesBloomers

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2022, 02:13:24 AM »

I never thought of it, but Timothy would be nice to go along with Bill and Ben! Although given his size, he might be a bit tricky.

Stepney is a long shot, but I’d pre order him if he were announced!
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2022, 05:45:07 PM »

Timothy would most likely not have an open cab if he needs more internal space for the motor. His cab is usually closed by the curtains anyway, which would be molded on, while hiding the motor. Timothy would be the first oil-burning engine in the Bachmann Thomas range, and no model of his basis exists. He would go great with Bill and Ben.

The issue with Gator is that he only appeared in one season. Otherwise, he'd be a very unique and interesting design for a steam engine, and would have a powered rear bogie like Daisy. The one thing holding Gator back is that he only appeared in Season 18, and "Tale of the Brave". Being a CGI character is one thing in his favor. He would be even longer than Ryan, but probably not as detailed.

Samson doesn't have a cab, but you could put driver and fireman figures on him. Bradford would be using a UK brake van tooling like Toad. Too bad there was only one episode where Samson and Bradford really functioned as a duo. Bradford would still be the most fitting rolling stock to announce with Samson, and it would literally be Bradford's first ever piece of merchandise. Samson would be a small and simple saddle tank with not too many details.

Philip would be a very small and simple box-shaped diesel engine with not very many details. Not quite as small as Dart. Just enough space for the motor and eye mechanism. Could be one of Bachmann's easiest engines for HO Scale.

Stanley is one who appeared in both the model and CGI series. Although a minor character, he would be a lot like Thomas. Possibly even using Thomas' chassis, but with red wheels and a front coupler. About the same size engine as Thomas, but with a completely different body. Recycling Thomas' chassis and painting the wheels red could be a cost-effective route when making Stanley. Just the main body would be different. On a side note, his livery is unique.

I would really love to see Bachmann make Norman for HO Scale, especially since no ready-to-run model of 11001 exists. The only thing holding Norman back is his severe under-usage in the show, and no official episode dedicated to him, despite being a CGI character. Had almost no merchandise, which really doesn't help. But if Norman was to get a Bachmann model, that would be the first ever good piece of merchandise of him. After all, Bachmann did make Daisy's first official piece of merchandise since her return in CGI. I definitely see Norman being a big seller for the fact that he would be the first ever ready-to-run model of the 11001 prototype diesel, and great for modeling as well. The same tooling can also be used for Dennis, thus giving Bachmann another potential recolor to choose from.

With Salty being reintroduced, it would be fitting to have him with Porter. As much as I'd like to see Porter in HO Scale, one notable issue is his scaling, which seems to be way more problematic than Oliver's. Porter is scaled down to the point to where open wagons are taller than him. Scaling him up could lead to off proportions.

I wonder which new tooling would seem most likely for the HO Scale range, now that Ryan's is complete.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 05:51:38 PM by TrainFan97 » Logged

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Norman, Porter, Timothy, Samson, and Green Salty.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2022, 05:56:10 PM »

Out of all the characters you just mentioned the only two I could -kind of- see happening would be Stanley or Porter.  The rest I'm not sure have a wide enough appeal that would justify a new tooling cost. 

Either way, my expectations for NMRA are going to be minimal.  I'm thinking we will probably get some more rolling stock in N and HO, while the bigger announcements like a new engine tooling would come early 2023.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2022, 06:21:27 PM »

I'll try not to get too excited for the NMRA, since summer announcements are usually small. 2020 only announced Origin James, while last year was only slightly better; announcing the Large Scale Red Coaches and the HO Scale "Thomas Saves Santa's Sleigh" set. 2019's NMRA was just particularly special.

Possibly the best choice for a new tooling in HO Scale is Stanley, who could even recycle Thomas' chassis to be more cost-effective. Just paint the wheels red, while the main body would be completely different. They did this with Henry and Gordon, as well as Toby and Mavis. The latter especially is a great example of engines using the same chassis, but different bodies. The same could work with Thomas and Stanley.

As for Porter, we can only hope there would be some workarounds to his scaling. Otherwise, Stanley is the clear winner.

TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2022, 09:13:50 PM »

I think that Stanley would be the best character to go with, as far as HO engines are concerned. His white paint scheme is very appealing, and I like that he is a character that appeared in both the model and CGI eras of the show. For that same reason, I would be very content with an HO Whiff model, and his glasses make him extra unique.

As for NMRA, it is hard to say what will get announced. Yet, as always, I am confident that Bachmann will pleasantly surprise us.

Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2022, 10:49:09 AM »

The one major advantage I think Porter does have over most characters is the fact he's a frequent character in the CGI series.
 He was appearing consistently since his debut in season 17, even during BWBA, so I think the fact that he's a recognizable character, in addition to Salty's reintroduction does give him a fair chance of happening too. 

That being said, I think Stanley is the more marketable and iconic character of the two in addition to having a more simple design to work with than Porter, so I do agree with the consensus that Stanley would be more likely than Porter. 

Apart from possibly those two I think the only other HO engines I see happening would be recolors.  Again, I would rather see Bachmann continue to invest their time into the figure packs and adding more additional packs in the future.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: