Future suggestions/predictions thread

Started by Chaz, July 15, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

It really doesn't make sense that the CGI mandate ONLY applies to engines. Mattel is okay with Bachmann making model series rolling stock, but not engines, which is what's holding them back from making characters like Smudger, Splatter and Dodge, who would otherwise easily be made from existing toolings. They were one-off characters, but so is Beau, and Bachmann made him because they had his tooling. Mattel only let Bachmann make Beau because he was a CGI character; from Big World Big Adventures. Unless the CGI mandate gets lifted, the only characters who are still possible to use Diesel's tooling are Sidney and Fernando.

The fact that Doug Blaine deconfirmed Stepney a while back proved the CGI mandate was real, which is the same thing holding them back from making BoCo. Bachmann UK has the toolings for Arthur, Murdoch, Derek and Class 40, but we may never get them all because they never officially appeared in CGI... Although BoCo has a fan-made CGI render, it's not enough to convince Mattel...
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

DustyMarie53!

Of note that Doug Blaine said they specifically can't reuse the Hudsons for Connor due to face/eye mech issues on Thomas tueaday. Beau was a case of special permissions. While it's not impossible that could be granted again, we shouldn't assume it will be. So even if the model series rule gets lifted, I don't think that makes them likely to reuse bachmann UK toolings for those characters. Especially since they seem stricter on using reference pictures now, those UK toolings would have more detail than most model series characters.

I'm also a big fan of Sonny and would love to see him. However, KR models is making his basis already. They're even considering giving said model a fictious blue livery (which I will buy if they do.)

So how well would Sonny really do considering that market for modelling said engine has already been filled? Seems hard to justify the tooling costs, but I would love to be proven wrong.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

TrainFan97

I too would love to see a Bachmann Sonny, given how unique his paint scheme and design is. He too would be a great choice for another new tooling in HO Scale. He, along with Nia, Whiff, Norman, Philip and Hiro are among the best choices for new toolings. Like I said about Philip, his tooling would most likely be the easiest and cheapest to make, given that he is a small box. If Bachmann is looking for the simplest new tooling in HO Scale, Philip is the way to go. Hiro is by far the most wanted, since Rebecca marked the return of tender engines in HO Scale. Hiro was one of the first, and most likeable characters to have originated from the CGI series.

Speaking of Rebecca, since her fully painted sample was teased, and will be shown in the next Thomas Tuesday stream, maybe we will see the next new tooling for HO Scale. If not in the 2024 catalog, then maybe the NMRA for sure. By summer, they should have Stanley's unpainted sample ready. Maybe even the Open Carriage and 12-Ton Vans, as well as those Narrow Gauge High-Side wagons and Gondolas. The latter two should have had some progress by now. It shouldn't be too much longer before Bachmann finally shows the unpainted sample of Sir Handel, and N Scale Diesel. In the next stream, Doug might also show us N Scale Gordon in the package, showing he is soon to arrive in stock. For Diesel, Bachmann just simply has to scale down his HO Scale model to work in N Scale. With no eye mechanism to worry about, Paxton's face will look perfect, which had been a turn-off by many on his HO Scale model.

The next new tooling for N Scale has to be Henry, then Edward, then after that, other good choices would be Duck, Oliver and Mavis. Henry wouldn't 100% be a new tooling since his chassis would easily be recycled from Gordon, minus trailing wheels, and his body shape is very similar to Gordon, though his tender is a Stanier instead of a Fowler. Mavis would recycle Toby's chassis, which is also the same as Thomas', and her N Scale model would be the first to actually have siderods. Duck because of his rivalry with Diesel in the earlier seasons of the show, and Oliver because we have Toad. I personally would like to see Ryan and Daisy in N Scale too, though it will be a good while before they're even considered, since they're the most recent models in HO Scale. One other character to recycle Gordon's chassis is Spencer, who has a streamlined body shape, and an even boxier tender with extra wheels. After Henry, the next 'big' engine for N Scale would have to be Spencer.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

The CGI engines only mandate just seems silly due to how Thomas and Friends was rebooted.

thomasj219

Quote from: JLK2707 on February 08, 2024, 03:41:30 AMThe CGI engines only mandate just seems silly due to how Thomas and Friends was rebooted.

Exactly. I think we may see the end of that as the years go by, especially with the 80th anniversary coming up.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TrainFan97

Tomorrow for sure, we should finally get the 2024 catalog.

Awesometrain77

thomasj219

I have a feeling it may be more towards the middle of the month. I could be wrong though. There seems to be something that caused a slight delay.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TrainFan97

So, yet another week of suspense? Bachmann HAS to get to it eventually...

DustyMarie53!

Bachmann has already said days ago it would drop mid February. Most likely on the 14th alongside the physical that's releasing that day. Unless Doug wants to be based and do a surprise reveal on the 12th, it's unlikely to be discussed at all on Thomas tuesday other than a date confirmation
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

DustyMarie53!

Quote from: Mulfred100 on February 09, 2024, 12:13:33 PMWell on that subject of Doug and Thomas Tuesday, as of right now there's not been an announcement for a Thomas Tuesday on the 13th. It could very well be on 20th or 27th. Especially if they are holding off to go through the new announcements. At this point people are just jumping to the conclusions without waiting for offical announcements from Bachmann and Trainworld. All that was shown in the "teaser" was Rebecca's NWR and the word soon. In fact Rebecca might be the very thing thats holding the catalogue up if they are wanting her sample model shown in the catalogue as shes now at that stage of production. We'll find out at some point between now and the 28th.   ;D
Just have some patience.

No, Thomas Tuesday has already been confirmed for next week on the trainworld twitter account. As was by Christian in my dms when I asked if it would be this week or not.

Mulfred100

Quote from: DustyMarie53! on February 09, 2024, 12:25:43 PM
Quote from: Mulfred100 on February 09, 2024, 12:13:33 PMWell on that subject of Doug and Thomas Tuesday, as of right now there's not been an announcement for a Thomas Tuesday on the 13th. It could very well be on 20th or 27th. Especially if they are holding off to go through the new announcements. At this point people are just jumping to the conclusions without waiting for offical announcements from Bachmann and Trainworld. All that was shown in the "teaser" was Rebecca's NWR and the word soon. In fact Rebecca might be the very thing thats holding the catalogue up if they are wanting her sample model shown in the catalogue as shes now at that stage of production. We'll find out at some point between now and the 28th.   ;D
Just have some patience.

No, Thomas Tuesday has already been confirmed for next week on the trainworld twitter account. As was by Christian in my dms when I asked if it would be this week or not.
Hadn't seen that, deleted original message however the point about Rebecca still stands as a possibility as to catalogue now she's been painted, Bachmann might be trying to get her and possibly/probably other items in the catalogue so it's as up to date as possible before going live. We'll get it when it's ready. Patience

Awesometrain77

Yeah Valentine's Day will be there release of it shame but whatever

Awesometrain77

Quote from: DustyMarie53! on February 09, 2024, 11:54:19 AMBachmann has already said days ago it would drop mid February. Most likely on the 14th alongside the physical that's releasing that day. Unless Doug wants to be based and do a surprise reveal on the 12th, it's unlikely to be discussed at all on Thomas tuesday other than a date confirmation
No mention of the new stuff on the ad for Thomas Tuesday

TrainFan97

One thing we do know is that we are getting a Thomas Tuesday stream tomorrow, which the big reveal will be HO Scale Rebecca fully painted. It's not likely that we're going to hear anything new from the catalog apart from a date confirmation. At the latest, we should finally have the catalog this Friday.

Hope we hear updates on Stanley, Sir Handel, Narrow Gauge Gondolas and N Scale Diesel, with progress made on those.