Future suggestions/predictions thread

Started by Chaz, July 15, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrNormalDraws

The only items that are taken out this year are the lobster vans, the McColl figure and the Brendam Bay Conflat. The McColl one is kinda surprising as he was the last large human figure made and the only one that is based on the CGI looks. Also the Brendam Bay Conflat as that was only released just the start of the 2020s, and one of the few that only lasted a few years. I'm gonna buy more of those before they're gone.

TrainFan97

The Slate Wagon repaints already have images. Those got done quickly because their tooling already existed. The March Thomas Tuesday for sure should reveal HO Scale Rebecca fully painted. After that, the NEXT big reveal from Bachmann has to be unpainted Sir Handel. There's already three rolling stock toolings for Narrow Gauge that have yet to be shown in the unpainted stage. This year, they should be finally shown. Doug has to confirm if any progress has been made on those, especially the High-Side Wagons and Gondolas. The Gunpowder Wagons were just announced back in August.

No new toolings announced whatsoever, so Bachmann can really catch up on them, instead of letting them pile up even further. Before we see N Scale Henry announced, Bachmann is at least trying to get Gordon and Emily out there first, with good progress on Diesel/Paxton. Before HO Scale gets anything else, they're trying to get Beau and Rebecca out there as well, with Stanley on the backburner.

The NMRA for sure should announce N Scale Henry, and if they want more Diesel repaints, 'Arry and Bert could be made in N Scale (with Bert having much more noticeable stubble than 'Arry) or Sidney, who could be the first character in N Scale that doesn't already exist in HO Scale. Sidney would be an easy one for N Scale, since there's no eye mechanism to worry about. The 2025 catalog should have N Scale LBSC Thomas and Origin James for the 80th Anniversary.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

SNER

How ironic the catalog released the same day as Pokémon Day, and seems to be getting a similar response to Pokémon's no new games in 2024.

I'm glad to see we Thomas fans would rather Bachmann take their time and produce high quality items than slap together half baked models with poor motors and/or inaccuracies.
SNER = Stephen's North Eastern Railway - a parody of LNER.

DustyMarie53!

I'm not remotely upset about these announcements but I feel like the choice of the slate wagons is, not the correct one. Even if these have a quick turn around time it's taking development away from the already in development hell that is the other rolling stock. I feel open wagons in N or anything in G would have been the better filler rolling stock picks. Not that the slate wagons are bad, just a weird choice in my opinion.

I'm also a bit bummed that Brendam bay conflat is gone already. It was the best of the three and hasn't been out for that long. Is a shame to see it go.

As of right now the only things slated for this year are the museum coaches in March, Gordon, Beau, and Tallylyn in May, and in late 2024 Emily and her coaches, Rebecca, the HO figures, and Sir Handel. Idk if I even truly believe all of these products will be out this year, but the lack of new reveals makes me hopeful. Hopefully we get even more than just them.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

US_thomasmodeler

To be honest, we can't even be bothered by these announcements. Look at this list of stuff in the works. This is like four years of announcements if we were back in the 2010's. There are so many items coming out that we have yet to see, we can't expect more announcements.

Still in the works

Ho:
Salty (re-introduced)
Beau
Rebecca
Stanley
Open Wagon-Blue
12 Ton Van
Circus Van 1
Circus Van 2
Christmas Van

N Scale:
Emily
Gordon
Paxton
Diesel
Gordon's Coaches
Gordon's Brake Coach
Henrietta
Emily's Coach
Emily's Brake Coach
Emily's Passenger Set

Narrow Gauge:
Sir Handle
Duncan
Slate Wagon 1
Slate Wagon 2
Slate Wagon 3
High Side Wagons
Gondolas
Gunpowder Van

Accessories:
STH's Car
Bulgy
Character Packs 1-6

Awesometrain77

Personally if they had to announce a new item, I think just bringing back the tar tankers would've been a good idea or how about making a troublesome truck number seven using the LNER 12 ton mold they are introducing.

Bachmann Industries, Inc.

Quote from: DustyMarie53! on February 27, 2024, 01:19:04 PMI agree with this sentiment, but I wish they'd be more honest about what's going on.

Not being dishonest. Traditionally the catalog was made available for the New York Toy Fair in February and given to distributers and retailers first. There was no show this year, so there was no "Official Release Date" this year. 

TrainFan97

So now Bachmann comes out and explains why the catalog was so late, but at least it's here. Although I would've loved to see N Scale Henry, which has been asked for a good few years since Gordon was announced, maybe he'll be in the NMRA for sure, especially once N Scale Gordon is officially out there, with Emily possibly arriving in stock later this year. Plus, Diesel and Paxton are still on the backburner, but recolors like Sidney, 'Arry and Bert could easily be made with that tooling. Speaking of recolors, the 2025 catalog needs to have N Scale LBSC Thomas and Origin James for the 80th Anniversary, and for a new tooling, N Scale Edward could also possibly get announced with them. Next year's announcements might be much bigger, especially once Bachmann catches up with a bunch of other previously-announced products.

At least I'm understanding why the announcements were so underwhelming. There's so many other previously-announced products that haven't even been shown unpainted samples yet.

HO Scale:

Beau (fully painted)
Rebecca (fully painted)
Stanley
Open Carriage
12-Ton Vans
Salty Reintroduction (on hold)
DCC Sound Thomas (on hold)
DCC Sound Percy (on hold)

HO Scale Accessories:
Figure Packs (unpainted)
Sir Topham Hatt's Car
Bulgy

Narrow Gauge:
Sir Handel
Duncan
High-Side Wagons
Gondolas
Gunpowder Wagons

N Scale:
Gordon (fully painted)
Emily (fully painted)
Emily's Coaches (fully painted)
Henrietta (unpainted)
Diesel
Paxton
Express Coaches

That's a lot of catching up. Hope we see plenty of new unpainted samples this year.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

artist1990@gmail.com

As soon as I saw that the gray flatbed with Brendam crate was going to be discontinued, I ordered it from Amazon immediately today.

Mulfred100

Thomas Tuesday is back this week, including new look at Terencethetractor525's new N Scale layout. Catalogue flip through. First look at Sir Topham Hatts car. No mention of Rebecca so guessing she isn't fully ready yet, after all, all we've seen is her tender with NWR. Looking forward to seeing how Terence's layout has progressed

TrainFan97

So, there's one new mold in, with plenty more still to come. If Rebecca won't be shown this month either, then it must mean she's not fully ready yet, since only part of her tender was shown a month ago. The big reveal this month will be the first, unpainted look at Sir Topham Hatt's Car.

Complete list of other products and toolings that still haven't been seen unpainted yet:

HO Scale
Stanley
Open Carriage
12-Ton Van
Bulgy

Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel
Duncan
High-Side Wagon
Gondola
Gunpowder Wagon

N Scale
Diesel/Paxton
Express Coaches

I hope MOST of these products get shown by the end of the year. Especially the Narrow Gauge rolling stock and Sir Handel. Doug needs to give us an update on those products. Possibly during summer, we should see unpainted samples of HO Scale Stanley and N Scale Diesel. I feel the latter will be revealed sooner than summer.

Mulfred100

Quote from: TrainFan97 on March 02, 2024, 11:54:55 AMSo, there's one new mold in, with plenty more still to come. If Rebecca won't be shown this month either, then it must mean she's not fully ready yet, since only part of her tender was shown a month ago. The big reveal this month will be the first, unpainted look at Sir Topham Hatt's Car.

Complete list of other products and toolings that still haven't been seen unpainted yet:

HO Scale
Stanley
Open Carriage
12-Ton Van
Bulgy

Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel
Duncan
High-Side Wagon
Gondola
Gunpowder Wagon

N Scale
Diesel/Paxton
Express Coaches

I hope MOST of these products get shown by the end of the year. Especially the Narrow Gauge rolling stock and Sir Handel. Doug needs to give us an update on those products. Possibly during summer, we should see unpainted samples of HO Scale Stanley and N Scale Diesel. I feel the latter will be revealed sooner than summer.
I really wish I hadn't bothered posting that list now because every single post is going to be updating that list. Honestly you don't need to constantly update it. That's the third time it's been updated on this page alone

TrainFan97

Quote from: Mulfred100 on March 02, 2024, 12:21:15 PM
Quote from: TrainFan97 on March 02, 2024, 11:54:55 AMSo, there's one new mold in, with plenty more still to come. If Rebecca won't be shown this month either, then it must mean she's not fully ready yet, since only part of her tender was shown a month ago. The big reveal this month will be the first, unpainted look at Sir Topham Hatt's Car.

HO Scale
Stanley
Open Carriage
12-Ton Van
Bulgy

Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel
Duncan
High-Side Wagon
Gondola
Gunpowder Wagon

N Scale
Diesel/Paxton
Express Coaches

I really wish I hadn't bothered posting that list now because every single post is going to be updating that list. Honestly you don't need to constantly update it. That's the third time it's been updated on this page alone

Oops. Sorry. I didn't realize how redundant it's been until just before you pointed it out. I guess I should stop.

DustyMarie53!

Maybe a silly question actually. But have the lighthouse, square water tower, and other two large figures ever been repackaged in the new style. I feel like they have had to be by now but I'm not remembering ever seeing them.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

BubbleBuddyFan

I think N Scale Live Lobster Refrigerator Van and Tar Tanker would be a great idea. I think 1 Plank Wagons with Crates Gift Pack would be a great idea. I think Season's Greetings Express Coaches (Recolor of Gordon's Express Coaches) and Hot Cocoa Tanker would be perfect for Christmas Additions at some point in the future.