Future suggestions/predictions thread

Started by Chaz, July 15, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

For HO Scale, recolors like Green Salty or Mainland Diesels would be too niche, like Yellow Rheneas, which ended up being the first real flop for Narrow Gauge. Hope they can fix the eye mechanism for Sidney. They should do a cream 12-ton van as Troublesome Truck #7.

Henry is definitely the most obvious choice for N Scale, and he must be announced for the 2024 catalog. Edward being the close second behind Henry. Duck and Mavis are also two very good choices for N Scale. Toad was made, despite there being no immediate plans for Oliver. The Spiteful Brake Van, as well as some faceless open wagons should also be made, along with the Red Coaches. The Red Express Coaches would also be possible for N Scale. Maybe for next NMRA. Special Coaches would be great for Spencer, once he's brought into the picture.

Non-rail characters would be great introduced to N Scale, including Bertie the Bus, Terence the Tractor, and Harold the Helicopter.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

MontagueGWR08

I'd personally really like to see the LBSC Thomas in N scale. It would give me a justification to get an N scale item (I haven't gotten any recolors in HO) and would be perfect for the 80th anniversary.

I also like the idea of break van recolors. It would definitely add more variety to my train consists.

Trainboy 48

Quote from: TrainFan97 on October 03, 2023, 01:41:52 AMFor HO Scale, recolors like Green Salty or Mainland Diesels would be too niche, like Yellow Rheneas, which ended up being the first real flop for Narrow Gauge. Hope they can fix the eye mechanism for Sidney.

Yes, there's still a percent chance they could fix the eye mechanism for Sidney. I think Bachmann should go back to doing recolors, so that way they can save enough money for the right tooling with their new engine (that is, when they announce Sidney into the range).
Wishlist for Bachmann to make HO Scale Engines: Sidney, Samson and Porter.
Wishlist for Bachmann to make Narrow Gauge Engines: Victor and Mille.

TrainFan97

Bachmann needs to start offering more HO Scale Christmas rolling stock separately, including the 1-Plank Wagon with Presents, and the red Christmas Brake Van. The first piece of Christmas rolling stock to be sold separately will be the Christmas 12-Ton Van. It would also be appreciated if the 1-Plank Wagon with Santa's Sleigh and the Naughty and Nice Brake Van could also be sold separately. Other ideas include an Egg Nog Tanker, a Christmas Coach, and a Flatbed with a Christmas Tree. It would be a nice and convenient way to set up a Christmas train without having to buy another set.

For engines, they could even make Percy with a snowplow and Santa hat.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

Been meaning to respond to some of the posts earlier, sorry I haven't gotten around to it until now!

I'm glad MontagueGWR08 brought up the brake van recolors I mentioned earlier, I feel these would work really well for all the ranges.  Large scale hasn't really touched the brake van tooling since spiteful's announcement and it really would add some nice variety, in addition to justifying the N scale range making a new 20 ton brake van tooling and releasing brake van variants, regardless if spiteful is included or not.  I wouldn't mind an LBSC Thomas in N scale either, they could probably announce that alongside an Origin James (or even Edward if they announce Henry in 2024) and that would be a really fun way to honor the 80th anniversary.

I also like the idea of Bachmann introducing non-rail characters in the N scale range.  I'm personally hoping for Cranky the Crane in particular since it would help fans recreate Brendam Docks in N scale, in addition to being the first piece of scenery in N scale too.  I know scenery items from Bachmann, particularly the resin buildings haven't lasted very long in HO, but it would be very nice to see some of these make their way into N scale as well.  Heck, part of me wants to see Bachmann's attempt at an N scale Tidmouth sheds at some point in the future, considering the recent reintroduction in HO. Hopefully an N scale Tidmouth sheds would have better proportions than the HO model too, but I won't hold my breath on that one just yet. 

But going back to the subject of non-rail characters.  I think in addition to Cranky, the only other two I could see being introduced would be Bertie and Harold.  It should be worth noting that Bertie and Harold, who were also introduced the same time as Cranky in HO, are both available in Bachmann's UK range proving that they were popular enough to be considered for their lineup.  I feel like these three would make for a nice lineup of non-rail characters in N scale, similarly to how HO started.  I'd include Terence as well, but I feel like he is a lot less iconic than the three I mentioned earlier, but if these three do well first I wouldn't rule him out from being included in a future lineup.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TerencetheTractor525

With regards to the N scale line, I concur that nonrail characters such as Bertie, Terence, Cranky, and possibly even Sir Topham Hatt's Car would be wonderful additions. As a big fan of the resin buildings, it would be nice to see at least a few of those enter the N line too, especially Maithwaite Station and the Brendam Warehouse. The same goes for N scale Human Figure Packs, if the ones in HO do well.

While on the subject, I had to paste this image, featuring an old N scale Sodor layout by Tomix. I believe this layout was approximately 4 feet by 8 feet, and looking at the amount of scenery, elevation, and iconic locations, it is incredible as to how much you can accomplish in that amount of space for N scale. Part of me wishes to see someone recreate this layout, or one similar, while also showcasing the Bachmann N Thomas line of products on it. Maybe in the future ;).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

JLK2707

Cool stuff! It is just such a bummer that Tomix never released the TAR tanker wagons, along with the TIDMOUTH MILK tanker wagons, as they would have looked just so cool! :'( who else here agrees?

Awesometrain77

I had done a rolling stock list here is an engine list .

Diesel 10
Flying Scotsman
Harvey
Nia
Hiro
Glynn
Stephen
Whiff
Scruff
Arry
Bert 
Porter 
Sidney
Ashima
Merlin
Young boa
Philip
Skiff
Winston
Belle
Gina
Mainland shunter
Some characters that can be repaints

Millie
Victor
Luke
Tamikia- ng Australia  characters   
MightyMac - use existing basis model
Duke - your running out of narrow gauge engines to make to rule could be exempt
Mid Sodor repaints
No way there making Freddie not even the fans care for him

I hope this opens up a huge discussion here

JLK2707

I feel that a Bachmann n scale Henry is inevitable.

izak11

id like to see murdoch be made. itd be nice to have a new bigger engine.
heres my rolling stock wish list

fuel drum flatbed
more open wagons from model series
quarry loaded troublesome trucks (multiple with different faces)
tar wagons to return
break down crane with the ultilty van
cct van
regular flatbed
long open wagon with pipe load
china clay wagon with load
jet engine
pipe loaded flatbed
fish vans both verisons
more rolling stock with loads in general

TEHNewClearwaterFeatures

At this point, I'm praying for Bachmann to do HO Whiff & Rocky.

Awesometrain77

2024 is just down the corner that means the spring announcements are soon so here are my predictions for HO and NG .

•Winston - we already have him in large scale about time we got him in HO .
•Skiff - unpowered we have the Harwick crew but where is he .
•Troublesome truck 7- we have been talking about this forever it should be a van with the face that says oh look Henry's spooked .
•Well wagon black with Mike load 
•Well wagon gray with Bert load
•Well wagon brown  with Rex load
•Slip coach - due to a questionable release that can allow carriages uncouple automatically realistically can happen

• Ice cream van - rerelease
• sound wagon that has sounds from the show chuffing , station sounds , etc

Narrow gauge

•Open red coach
•Open blue coach
•Orange V tipper wagon
•Gray V tipper wagon
•Refreshment coach

Trevor

EZE track level crossing

DCC Thomas and Percy set

American to European coupling adaptor.

Updates to existing models
Thomas - new face and back lining
Henrietta - face

The only new engine if you can count it as one is Winston this is due to a back log of products Bachmann open coaches will come in both colors as Bachmann likes making red and blue versions of NG rolling stock . Not to mention they accidentally made blue open coaches NG in S17.

TEHNewClearwaterFeatures

Am I the only person wishing for an HO Whiff & Rocky?

Awesometrain77

No I think whiff would make a great addition to the range same with Rocky tbh we need some Maintenance stuff for the range .
Rocky is a great ideal start to this . Diesel 10 and Harvey are some other examples they just need to get there attachments done right maybe you can take pinchy on or off .
The works unit coach is another maintence item same with Judy and Jerome .

The only question is how to whiff glasses

TrainFan97

The lenses on Whiff's glasses can just be clear plastic, like windows.

Diesel 10 is the only other larger diesel to officially appear in the CGI series that's not international, like the unnamed Chinese diesel and Noor Jehan. The only thing holding him back is the claw. Same thing with Harvey's crane. Bachmann has done non-Thomas rail cranes, so there's nothing holding them back from making Judy and Jerome. The Works Unit Coach would also be a great new tooling for rolling stock in HO Scale. Making Harvey would be combining both a rail crane and an engine together. A self-propelled crane would be a first from Bachmann. As for Diesel 10, Bachmann has never mounted a claw onto a diesel engine before, so it would be a totally new thing for them, but they have done pantographs on electric engines outside the Thomas line. Doug Blaine has never denounced Harvey or Diesel 10 because of their attachments, so they can still be possible unless Blaine says otherwise, though he did denounce Stepney solely for the fact that he never appeared in full CGI. At least Harvey and Diesel 10 both appeared in CGI.