STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2022, 12:52:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Future suggestions/predictions thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: Future suggestions/predictions thread  (Read 27939 times)
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2022, 05:20:05 PM »

Another good choice for a new tooling in HO Scale would be Whiff, since like Stanley, Whiff is another character who appeared in both the model and CGI series. He might be as long as Ryan, though his front wheels would also have to be powered. Wearing glasses makes Whiff more unique as well. If Bachmann does make Whiff, they can also make Scruff, so as to complete the waste dump duo.

The four engines Bachmann hasn't made for HO Scale yet that have appeared in both the model and CGI series are Diesel 10, Harvey, Whiff and Stanley. The latter two would be the easiest choices for Bachmann. Especially Stanley if he reuses Thomas' chassis with red wheels.

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Norman, Porter, Timothy, Samson, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Gordon, Henry, Edward, and Diesel.
RailwayRoundhouse

Always happy to talk trains :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2022, 04:00:58 AM »

Here's a question for you all, how likely do you reckon it is for Duke to be made at some point? Yes, Duke hasn't appeared since Season 4. But he is definitely a fan favourite character and his story is arguably among some of the best in the entire show. I firmly believe he'd sell extremely well should he ever be produced. What are your thoughts?
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2022, 07:51:20 AM »

I would love to see a Bachmann model of Duke, given that he is a fan-favorite character, and one of the only narrow gauge engines with a tender. However, I would assume at this point that the licensor unfortunately would prefer to see Bachmann only make engines from the CGI era. Yet, considering that narrow gauge is aimed at older Thomas fans, we could only hope that they could make exceptions for characters such as Duke and possibly even Smudger.

For anyone, it can be understood as to why Duke is such a loveable character from watching the episodes that featured him, such as Granpuff & Sleeping Beauty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi90obI1oPo&ab_channel=JacobRoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDdDoXbHIhM&ab_channel=JacobRoy

Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.
TrainsPlushiesBloomers

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2022, 03:25:14 PM »

I would love to see a Bachmann model of Duke, given that he is a fan-favorite character, and one of the only narrow gauge engines with a tender. However, I would assume at this point that the licensor unfortunately would prefer to see Bachmann only make engines from the CGI era. Yet, considering that narrow gauge is aimed at older Thomas fans, we could only hope that they could make exceptions for characters such as Duke and possibly even Smudger.

For anyone, it can be understood as to why Duke is such a loveable character from watching the episodes that featured him, such as Granpuff & Sleeping Beauty:

Duke is definitely a stretch for Bachmann, but there is an alternative,

Kato and Peco teamed up to make an HOn30/009 model of his real life basis. One could simply paint one of these and add a face!

https://katousa.com/009-smallengland/
plas man

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2022, 06:09:55 PM »

Bachmann UK to offer more Thomas loco's and stock to the model railroader
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2022, 01:07:50 AM »

From my understanding, thatís more in Bachmann Europeís control and not Bachmann US.  Though, itís surprising how they havenít added more products to their OO lineup once they made their first launch.  Your best bet is to find a way to contact Bachmann UK if you want to make suggestions on which models they should make available over there next.

I think a CGI mandate is really the only thing thatís holding Duke back more than anything.  It is worth noting though that with Sir Handel also on the way there really are not a whole lot of options left for narrow gauge engine choices.  Duncan is the most obvious pick after Sir Handel, but after that thereís only a few CGI narrow gauge engines left - Luke, Millie and Victor.  Even then, Luke is the only one I could -sort of- see being a popular seller since I feel Millie and Victor wouldnít have all that much of an appeal.  If anything, I could see Duke being an exception Bachmann might be more willing to negotiate with Mattel due to these limited options.  That and Duke and his basis are extremely popular with the OO9 crowd who, letís be real here, are what really make the sales for the narrow gauge range take off and why Skarloey is almost always selling out so quickly.
TrainsPlushiesBloomers

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2022, 08:43:27 PM »

I second that, if only because the UK versions are DCC ready!
RailwayRoundhouse

Always happy to talk trains :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2022, 10:26:30 AM »

I couldn't agree more with you Chaz. It's pretty obvious that the Narrow Gauge range is aimed more primarily at the older fans and those that make up the general 009 market. Even the the age rating is on the packaging is higher then that on the 00/HO models. I really, REALLY hope that Duke is at the very least considered by Bachmann. Like I said, I firmly believe a model of Granpuff would sell like hot cakes and like you said, narrow gauge engine choices are getting more and more limited. Here's to hoping more classic characters like Duke and Stepney are given more of a chance to be released going forward  Wink

Out of curiosity, if you could choose a character of your choice to be made, who would you all choose and why? 
Zekeism

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2022, 03:25:27 PM »

I would like to see some more non rail characters, I would like to see Trevor to go with Edward, George to go with Sir Handel and finally Bulgy to go with Duck & Oliver.

Could a resin Bulstode work?

Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.
Armada Starscream

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2022, 06:57:46 PM »

I would like to see the improvements on the UK models also be used for the US models, like the black chassis for Annie and Clarabel, and the thicker and black lamp rods and hooks.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2022, 05:54:28 PM »

Out of curiosity, if you could choose a character of your choice to be made, who would you all choose and why? 

For HO, like everyone else deep down, Stepney would be the top of my priority list for sure.  I used to have the Hornby model and Iím kicking myself for selling it years ago but I may look into a custom in the future.  If Bachmann introduced him though, which Iím not counting on at this point, I would be overjoyed.

Narrow gauge would be Duncan, but instead of being based on his CG render, he would have more of a resemblance to his Talyllyn basis, Douglas or even have the model series design with a CGI face.  Of course since odds of that happening for Duncan are pretty much next to none, Iím honestly quite content with the current narrow gauge engine offerings and instead would rather see them expand on rolling stock.  Duke however, is a very close second if I had to pick another engine over Duncan.

N scale would be Gordon and Henry, I feel both would really satisfy the N scale market Tomix left open with these two and they are already popular sellers in HO and the sales would mirror that in N and be even higher.  Edward would be a lot of fun too and would also be popular, but I think because Gordon and Henry are both more iconic, I feel they deserve to be introduced in the range earlier than Edward, or Diesel (and Paxton) for that matter.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: