Future suggestions/predictions thread

Started by Chaz, July 15, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesometrain77

Ok 2024 will be a catch up year prob not much we will get .aside from maybe a road vehicle ,1 or 2 HO wagon, the large scale set and maybe N scale Gordon set . Are all we can expect.

DustyMarie53!

Wouldn't count on the Gordon set just yet. They only announced the Emily a year after both announcements so feel like it'll be saved for 2025
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

TrainFan97

So the stream only showed the unpainted N Scale Henrietta and fully painted N Scale Emily, which were previously revealed, but for some reason, Doug didn't show the painted sample HO Scale Rebecca, when it was teased a week ago! Why wasn't Rebecca shown, despite the painted sample being there? That doesn't make sense, and it was a bit disappointing.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

In the stream, Doug commented that this year really is going to be the catch-up year for Bachmann, so I probably wouldn't count on much happening in the catalog this year.  We're at least getting a large scale Thomas set reintroduction, which is something.  As I said earlier, I'm personally okay with them catching up on getting more previously announced projects released first before announcing even more projects. 

If anything, I'm more willing to bet that (apart from an N scale Henry announcement at the NMRA this summer), any other announcement this year will probably be either some rolling stock announcements in HO, N and possibly large scale.  Then in 2025, during the brand's 80th anniversary, I'd be a lot more willing to bet we will see a higher number of new announcements by then.  The only reason why I'm still confident in an N Henry announcement this summer is because it seems fairly likely that N scale Gordon will be out fairly soon and Henry seems like the perfect follow-up to Gordon.  After that, Bachmann can then save an N scale Edward announcement for 2025 for the anniversary once Emily gets released, which will hopefully be by the end of this year.

Either way, 2024 being a light year for newly announced products is probably in Bachmann's best interest this year anyway.  They announced a lot of projects over the last two years or so with most of them still not being out yet, (or three if you want to include the DCC and sound Thomas and Percy models (which is in its own muddle due to the semiconductor shortage)).  So if it means getting those out or allowing us to have more updates on previously announced projects (Sir Handel in particular), then I'm all for this year being the catch-up year for Bachmann.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Mulfred100

I'm all for a catch up year for Bachmann. As I said before there's so many items at various stages of production that haven't been completed or even teased with samples yet, especially 009 engines and rolling stock. I'd much rather the backlog be cleared before new things are announced. As for Rebecca not being shown. It was never advertised she would be shown. All posts I've seen were saying N Scale Emily and Henrietta. The post Bachmann put out simply said Soon... it could be that her tender is fully painted but her main body isn't, there could be paint errors that need fixing, she might be fully painted but they wanted to show her in the catalogue first and in March she'll be shown on a stream. I'm just grateful that she's on her way and Bachmann are working hard on her and the other products. N Scale Emily and Henrietta both look amazing. I'm still blown away by how much detail they can put into N Scale models which showcases more as the range continues to evolve and grow.

TrainFan97

I shouldn't be surprised if the 2024 catalog doesn't show many new Thomas products. There's still many other products that haven't even been teased with samples yet, especially for Narrow Gauge. It's already been two years without a physical sample of Sir Handel. Bachmann desperately needs to catch up on those products. They've fallen way behind.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

DustyMarie53!

I believe Doug has made this comment of a catchup year for either 2022 or 2023 before. (I do not recall which, perhaps both.) so really what this tells me is that it'll follow the same pattern the announcements have for the past 2 years now. Smaller more complimentary to already announced stuff to be in the Spring catalog, and the big announcements saved for NMRA. Since the NMRA announcements are typically slated for the following years. My predictions don't change much actually. Although now think we'll only get a 08 (hopefully Sidney) this year instead of both one and Nia. Nia next year for sure though. I still think it's possible we get both Henry and Edward announced this year for N but I'm not as confident in that now, I'll keep believing until August because I am insane. As for my G scale prediction I'm still confident they'll announce a new engine this year but more likely save that for the NMRA catalog, if they prove me wrong and do it in the spring catalog even better. We shall see. We need a substantial g scale announcement though since the museum coaches are coming out shortly and the comeback of the Thomas set is not substantial enough of a new product for the pipeline.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

JacobSK

If this year having no new Thomas products is the case, then I'm all for it. Mulfred kindly took time a few posts back of making a detailed list of everything Bachmann has in the works right now (thanks again, mate!). To boil it down even further, we have a whopping total of 36 products, that begin dating back two years following their announcement(s) and 19 new toolings spreading across three different scales. Not to mention the HO DCC and Sound Thomas & Percy models and the Salty reissue, that's been delayed again, much longer than intended. They need to catch up this year, especially with expectations of products for the 80th anniversary next year.

JLK2707

Hopefully we will get something for the Thomas range this year.

really called Thomas

I spotted Knapford Station on a Bachmann facebook post earlier this week, now they posted another where it is rather predominant...

Yard Master

Hi Thomas,

The Knapford Station you saw is part of the Island of Sodor operating layout we have on display at shows. We don't have immediate plans to reintroduce it at this time.

TrainFan97

Quote from: DustyMarie53! on February 09, 2024, 11:54:19 AMBachmann has already said days ago it would drop mid February. Most likely on the 14th alongside the physical that's releasing that day. Unless Doug wants to be based and do a surprise reveal on the 12th, it's unlikely to be discussed at all on Thomas tuesday other than a date confirmation

Uhhhh...

DustyMarie53!

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 16, 2024, 04:03:23 PM
Quote from: DustyMarie53! on February 09, 2024, 11:54:19 AMBachmann has already said days ago it would drop mid February. Most likely on the 14th alongside the physical that's releasing that day. Unless Doug wants to be based and do a surprise reveal on the 12th, it's unlikely to be discussed at all on Thomas tuesday other than a date confirmation

Uhhhh...

Doug said on Thomas Tuesday that the catalog would drop anywhere from around 10 days to 2 weeks from that day. No clue what's taking so long but it's clear the comments they made on the NMRA video were outdated. Obviously had no way of knowing that but that's how it be.

TrainFan97

It's definitely taking longer than usual for the catalog to publicize. Even Doug himself didn't know the exact day and time.

Bachmann, just post the announcements already. They hadn't done that since 2021. The catalog has to be there by the end of the month.

Awesometrain77

Bachmann is on break till the 21st I feel like it may drop around Feb 22,23,24, or the 25 .