Future suggestions/predictions thread

Started by Chaz, July 15, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleBuddyFan

I think Wellsworth Sheds and Vicarstown Sheds would be nice. I think Narrow Gauge Engine Sets would be cool.

TrainFan97

The catalog shall be up any day. Something is really holding Bachmann up this time. This will be the latest it's ever been. New record. The fact that even Doug himself didn't know the exact day and time really shows. What's with the seemingly endless wait for the catalog? We're less than a week away from March.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

thomasj219

So I'm guessing this weekend for the catalog?

Lol I can't believe there's only six days left in February.  :o
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Awesometrain77

Nope. Maybe 2 days from now . It's a leap year this year .

thomasj219

It's really not your place to post that man.

Seeing as you leaked the announcements back in 2021 I would think you'd be more careful.

Unless of course you simply don't care.

Chaz

Quote from: thomasj219 on February 26, 2024, 05:31:34 PMIt's really not your place to post that man.

Seeing as you leaked the announcements back in 2021 I would think you'd be more careful.

Unless of course you simply don't care.

He doesn't care. He got banned the other day for ranting about other shops doing preorders, yet he unapologetically leaks announcements before Bachmann does themselves?  If that's not hypocritical then I don't know what is.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

thomasj219

You absolutely did brother. And as a retailer I would think carefully about your immature and flippant attitude.

Chaz

Quote from: tootallyt on February 26, 2024, 05:35:40 PMThey are in the public domain if you know where to look so i havent leaked anything

While we knew about the G scale Thomas set and Talyllyn coaches, the slate wagons were not public.  You leaked that bit of information out to the public.  Admit you went with premature information without Bachmann's consent and please move on already.  We are all tired of your pompous attitude, and not just on here but in all the various Facebook groups/pages you comment on too.

TrainFan97

Bachmann said the catalog would drop mid-February, but they were wrong... It may have been delayed to March, and I have no idea why... Their silence is deafening...
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Mulfred100

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 27, 2024, 11:14:14 AMBachmann said the catalog would drop mid-February, but they were wrong... It may have been delayed to March, and I have no idea why... Their silence is deafening...
Any number of reasons as I've said in previous posts. We'll get it when we get it. Clearly Bachmann need time to work on it for whatever the reasons are. As I said before they could be trying to get as many products that have newly painted samples ready into the catalogue as they can, it could be a problem with the printing and they don't want to put up the digital until the physical is ready. Constantly saying the Catalogue isn't helping. I know everyone is eager to see it but please be patient, it's not the end of the world and we already know Bachmann have stated this year will be catch up. Until the catalogue is published I'm firmly sticking to my position of we aren't getting anything new... yet.

Mulfred100

Quote from: Mulfred100 on February 27, 2024, 12:10:53 PM
Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 27, 2024, 11:14:14 AMBachmann said the catalog would drop mid-February, but they were wrong... It may have been delayed to March, and I have no idea why... Their silence is deafening...
Any number of reasons as I've said in previous posts. We'll get it when we get it. Clearly Bachmann need time to work on it for whatever the reasons are. As I said before they could be trying to get as many products that have newly painted samples ready into the catalogue as they can, it could be a problem with the printing and they don't want to put up the digital until the physical is ready. Constantly saying the Catalogue isn't helping. I know everyone is eager to see it but please be patient, it's not the end of the world and we already know Bachmann have stated this year will be catch up. Until the catalogue is published I'm firmly sticking to my position of we aren't getting anything new... yet. Catalogue could drop today, tomorrow, next week, who knows but agonising over it isn't going to speed things along

DustyMarie53!

Quote from: Mulfred100 on February 27, 2024, 12:10:53 PM
Any number of reasons as I've said in previous posts. We'll get it when we get it. Clearly Bachmann need time to work on it for whatever the reasons are. As I said before they could be trying to get as many products that have newly painted samples ready into the catalogue as they can, it could be a problem with the printing and they don't want to put up the digital until the physical is ready. Constantly saying the Catalogue isn't helping. I know everyone is eager to see it but please be patient, it's not the end of the world and we already know Bachmann have stated this year will be catch up. Until the catalogue is published I'm firmly sticking to my position of we aren't getting anything new... yet.

I agree with this sentiment, but I wish they'd be more honest about what's going on. Just say this instead of leaving us in the dark. Bachmann said it was coming Mid-February, then Doug later says it is delayed to anywhere from 10 days to 2 weeks after that Thomas Tuesday stream. The end of that two-week period is today (unless he meant business days I guess.) This is all fine but with no other update in sight and walthers outright saying no info from vendor on the catalog order page I'm wondering what is going on.

I'd be less impatient if they'd just give a clear answer. A "hey. We're trying to get a bunch of samples in, and this is taking longer than we thought. The catalog will be out when that's done. We can't give an estimate" would suffice. No more leaving people in the dark, it's not just Thomas Fans asking about the catalog either after all. It's not the end of the world but it's reeking of unprofessionalism, which feels too harsh to say but I don't really have a better word choice.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

DustyMarie53!

nvm it literally dropped as I sent that you can ignore me. I still stand by my points though I wish the communication was better
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

TrainFan97

Speak of the devil, the 2024 catalog did drop today, just as I was starting to think it got delayed to March.

Anyway, there was hardly anything new in terms of Thomas products. Just some repaints of the Narrow Gauge Slate Wagons, and the return of the Large Scale Thomas set. Still no N Scale Henry, most likely because they're still getting Gordon and Emily out there, and they're still working on Diesel and Paxton. NMRA for sure, they can announce N Scale Henry.

I had a feeling this year's announcements would be an all-time small. Because there's so many other products that still have yet to be shown in the unpainted stage. including HO Scale Stanley, Open Carriage and 12-Ton Vans, N Scale Diesel/Paxton and Express Coaches, Narrow Gauge Sir Handel, Duncan, High-Side Wagons, Gondolas and Gunpowder Wagons. This is definitely going to be a catch-up year for Bachmann. So many products they've fallen behind, especially for Narrow Gauge.

Chaz

I want to say I'm surprised that the announcements in the catalog this year are minimal, or almost non-existent, but I'm actually not.  It's been emphasized here a few times earlier by myself, as well as other members on the forum and even from Doug on the Trainworld stream that they're behind on several projects as it is, so taking a breather for the time being is probably wise. 

That being said, it's nice seeing that the large scale Thomas set is officially making its reintroduction with the Thomas model coming with DCC and sound.  I'll admit, that was a very nice surprise.  Killing two birds with one stone in terms of reintroductions by making a new product out of it.  If there was any range that got a new announcement this year, I'm genuinely glad it's the large scale range.  That range has been getting the short end of the stick as of late, how about getting Henrietta out now Bachmann?

The slate wagons were obvious if they were going to do anything for narrow gauge.  I like how they are going for different colors, though I'm personally not crazy about the red one. While I don't mind the slate wagons I would have preferred if they had given the N scale range different wagon repaints instead, but that's just me.

I'm under the impression that based on what was on display at the Amherst show (barring the N scale Emily) that we will most likely get Beau, the large scale museum coaches, N scale Gordon and Emily's coaches out first before we get more new product announcements.  I could see the N scale Emily getting released closer to the end of the year, and possibly Rebecca and Salty too depending on how production goes for those two.  Either way, if it means that the only announcements in the summer will only be N scale Henry and some rolling stock announcements in HO and N scale then so be it.  As I said earlier, if it means Bachmann can focus more on previously announced projects then I'm all for the winter announcements being minimal.  Here's hoping the next big reveal will be an unpainted sample of Sir Handel and the other narrow gauge rolling stock.