Human figure pack discussion thread

Started by Chaz, January 19, 2023, 09:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

Since the forum has been deleted, I wanted to start a new thread, dedicated to the upcoming human figure packs. These were announced last year, and they have not been many updates on these.  Feel free to discuss your thoughts on them in addition to other future figure pack suggestions or ideas you may have. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JacobSK

I feel the human figure packs will not only be a good idea for Bachmann HO line, but I also like the idea of using them with other ranges, past and present, such as ERTL, Bandai TECS, all the iterations of Wooden Railway, Tomy/Plarail/Trackmaster and so on.

The ones I'm looking most forward to are the Hatt Family, Narrow Gauge personnel and Railway personnel.

These are long overdue and welcome additions to the Bachmann Thomas range.

Chaz

Wanted to bump is thread up again in light of the two new HO announcements, the open carriage and STH's car.

I feel like these two have more or less been picked because of the figure packs.  Topham's car is an iconic vehicle usually almost always present with Sir Topham Hatt on the show, and the open carriage being a thing makes sense if fans want to put the figures inside the carriage to give the figures a ride around the layout.

Hopefully Bachmann can provide updates on the upcoming figures soon.  I'd really like to see more figure packs soon depending on how the first six turn out.  A passenger and Sodor Celebrity pack in particular would be a lot of fun to see as discussed earlier in the older thread before it got deleted. 

Chaz

I wanted to bump this thread in light of what was revealed today!  The teaser of the Hatt family figure pack.  I read in the comments that the plastic bases will be removable as well which is a nice feature I'm glad they implemented.  Can't wait to see more in the next Thomas Tuesday!

MrNormalDraws

I saw the models through their facebook and I feel like they're very spot on! They would be very good for multiple ranges and not just the Bachmann line!

TrainFan97

Given that Bachmann has made plenty of non-Thomas HO Scale figures, it only made sense to start making them for the Thomas line.

Sodor Brass Band would make a great idea, as well as Quarry and Dock workers.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

How about Jeremiah Jobling, Mrs Kyndley, Tom Tipper, Sir Lowham Hatt, the Ffarquarhh branch line policeman, the grumpy passenger, the thin clergyman and the fat clergyman, Old Bailey, Cyril, road vehicle drivers, etc.?