News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lord Nelson Class

Started by barrie, January 01, 2008, 04:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrie

I have just aquired for my Grandson a Bachmann Maunsell Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 the name on the Engine is Martin Frobisher. The guage is 00 and the Item number is 31-401

Can any one give me more details on this engine

Barrie

Great Western

Do a search on SR Lord Nelson Class Locos on Wikipaedia.  All the info about the prototype is there and you will find other links as well. Similarly look up Martin Frobisher, all the locos were named after Royal Navy admirals, Nelson of course being the most famous.

As for the model I know little.   ::)
Best wishes,    Alan

Woody Elmore

Without consulting an encyclopedia, I remember that Martin (or Martyn as he spelled it) Frobisher was looking for a Northwest passage to China at the end of the 16th century. There is a Frobisher Sound, which I think is near Baffin Bay, Canada.

Wow, I am amazed at all the interesting facts I learned over the years I spent teaching Social Studies! There are teachers today who cannot locate Canada on a map without using a computer.

There were a multitude of British admirals. How many locomotives were in the Lord Nelson class?

gwfan

16 in the class. Google SR Lord Nelson for more facts that you really wanted to know.

Chris
Modelling BR (W) late 1950's in 4mm 00 and large scale garden using Bachmann and LGB 1:20.3/ 1:22

gwfan

Barrie,
Having re-read your query I suppose you might have meant details of the Bachmann engine and not the full size one?? if so look at Bachmann's UK site and you can download PDF files which show complete breakdowns of each loco. Bachmann.co.uk. Go to site map and you will find Lord Nelson assembly diagram. Very useful stuff although not the easiest site to find your way around.

Chris
Modelling BR (W) late 1950's in 4mm 00 and large scale garden using Bachmann and LGB 1:20.3/ 1:22