News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO SCALE SANTA FE 3500 LOCO DISASSEMBLE

Started by David0908, January 28, 2023, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David0908

I have a HO scale SANTA FE 3500 loco which I need to disassemble for repair/rebuild. Where can I find information/instructions for disassemble?

bapguy

You need to be more specific. Steam or diesel?Is 3500 a model number or road number?
 Go here for diagrams  https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68

jward

Looking on ebay for Santa Fe 3500 only muddied the waters. This number has appeared on both the GP40 and the GP38-2, in both the pancake motored version as well as the more recent 8 wheel drive version. Basically, without more info we can't be sure exactly what you have.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

David0908

Thanks for the replies. Diesel LOCO - Bachmann HO parts - GP35 diagram. Also eventually found a YouTube video showing disassemble. :)

jward

That is the confusing thing about old Bachmann units. Over the years, they have gone through several different drive systems, all of which are completely different from each other. Is yours one of the ones with a split frame, with the motor and trucks sandwiched between the vertical frame halves? Or is it the later one with the heavy cast frame with the metal piece above the motor that holds the circuit board?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA