STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2021, 01:00:20 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  trains in the attic
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: trains in the attic  (Read 681 times)
spatz

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2021, 11:06:22 AM »

I posted earlier today on the "general forum" & was advised that I might get more response if I posted on the "large forum" so here I am.
  When cleaning out my basement, i came upon a box containing a Bachmann train set
this is what is written on the box:
                                       The Original Bachmann big Haulers
                                       Golden classic series
                                       Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul, and Pacific
                                                          limited edition
                  I am curious if of it's value on the secondary market, assuming one exists

I also have friends that set up @ different flea market sites & they have offered to put it up for sale for me. I don't have a clue what I should ask for.
            i would appreciate any info
 thank you,

George
Loco Bill Canelos

Model railroading since 1947

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 09:27:58 AM »

HI George,

This is the info on the set you have:

90094   MILW   Milwaukee Road   1994   Ltd Run   Pass    3   Ver 3    Coach # 12   Obs MILW #14
90094   Notes:   Not cataloged Golden Classics Series    3600 Sets Made                     

Value depends on condition, and if the locomotive is in operating condition,  Track clean not rusty, condition of the box and more.  I would not sell it at a flea market,  that is where I go to find Bachmann items at rock bottom prices.   You best bet is Ebay.  Unfortunately the shipping cost are extremely for these large items. 

The set is very nice but the locomotive is known for poor performance, so you should test it to get the best price.  Bachmann sets have sold for as low as $95 and as much as $350, the average is closer to the lower end.  Might get more breaking the set up, again hard to say tho.

That being said it is a tough call as to what to do.  Might be better to give it to a grand child.

Good luck whatever you do!

Loco Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!
Fred2179

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 09:33:16 AM »

George,
There's a Large Scale group on Facebook, "G scale swap and shop" and you will find the sets come up regularly there and in Facebook Marketplace. A quick search produced 3 sets claiming to be old but hardly used for $95-$120. And there's a set for $265, which I suspect is a bit optimistic!

I concur with everything Bill said. Without checking that it works, you may not get much for it.
spatz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 04:27:57 AM »

Fred. thank you so much for getting back to me.
This set has NEVER been out of the box & because of its storage, the box is in great condition.
Again, I appreciate that you took the time to get back to me.

George 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: