STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2021, 08:35:53 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  HO
| | |-+  In search of tender trucks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: In search of tender trucks  (Read 551 times)
VTBob

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2021, 10:48:04 PM »

Hello

Been a long while since I was able to free up time to work on some long awaiting parts to finish projects, & I have an opportunity to finally finish 3 locomotives, but the tenders are missing trucks. I'm looking for (I need 6 trucks) the light mountain style tender truck (link included) here:

https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_165&products_id=4321

But I'm having absolutely zero luck in locating any of these. Is there more sources where I can look, or am I out of luck in finishing these up?

I'm in the process of painting up 3 of the Rutland railroad's #90 class to finish out the collection, & need them to look right (the best I can anyway)

Thanks,
Rob
jonathan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 06:15:40 AM »

Rob,

I just happen to have a pair of these:

DSC_0619 by Jon Vogel, on Flickr

DSC_0618 by Jon Vogel, on Flickr

You can see on one of the trucks, I cut off the nibs for some forgotten reason.  But they roll OK.

If this is what you are looking for, I would be willing to mail them to you for the cost of postage.  I have no use for them.  Contact me through the personal message tab on this forum.  If not what you're after, no worries.

Regards,

Jonathan
Len

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 07:02:15 AM »

On the prototype, Is there a name or number for that particular style of truck?

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.
VTBob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 07:56:22 AM »

I think it was called "Commonwealth Four Wheel Tender Truck" but it's something that ALCo Schenectady used a lot of.

I've seen it listed as "USRA Standard Tender Truck" before as well, not sure of the actual name yet.

Rob
Len

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 01:55:19 PM »

The old Athearn 4-wheel 'Commonwealth' trucks are still available on eBay. And these guys: https://americanscalemodels.com/index.php?_route_=HO/HO_Detail_Parts/Trucks have several different 4-wheel and 6-wheel 'Commonwealth' tender trucks available as brass castings.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: