News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann BNSF#3002

Started by Jyuma, February 03, 2023, 08:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jyuma

I think I screwed up.  I took my Bachmann BNSF #3002 (item# 60305) apart some time ago to replace the motor, which went fine without a hitch.  Unfortunately, I forgot how the trucks connect to the chassis.
I don't see any way to hold the trucks in.

I attached a photo of one of the trucks.  The top of the truck is shaped to fit onto a bulge in the chassis, but I don't see any way to keep it there.

You cannot view this attachment.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Terry Toenges

I don't know if it's the same on your GP40 but on some F7's, they are held in by a screw at the top. There would a hole in the top of the frame where the screw goes to screw into the truck.
Feel like a Mogul.

Len

As Terry says, and the exploded diagram shows, a screw comes down through the upper frame/weight piece to hold the truck in place. Exploded diagram:
https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/HOEMDGP40(DCCEQUIPPED).pdf

This is true for all versions of the GP40, with or without DCC and sound.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Jyuma

Thank you both so much... especially for the exploded view.  I looked all over the place for that exploded view, but I could never find one.  Thanks again.

Now I need to find those 2 missing screws.  :) 

Strange, I looked inside the hole in the plastic truck mount, under extreme magnification, but didn't see any witness threads.  Maybe they're more like an interference fit, something like a rivet nail, rather than an actual threaded bolt.

I'm very grateful to both of you for your help. 

Len

Exploded diagrams, and other useful information, can be found here:
https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/references.php

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Terry Toenges

It's a threaded screw. If it was just a peg type thing, it might be possible for the trucks to fall off when you picked it up.
Feel like a Mogul.