News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Using Dynamis System

Started by roundhouse foreman, February 06, 2023, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roundhouse foreman

When I had programming questions while you were unavailable I had this response---

"""There is probably nothing wrong with the quality of your product, but it is limited with what you are able to do with it.

Recommendation would be to start using something more advanced from MRC, Digitrax, or NCE. Other possibilities are ESU, Roco, and Lenz. Sell the Bachman on eBay, trade it in at a hobby shop, or sell it at a train show."""

This is what I was told on an on line site dedicated to HO DCC when asked about programming commonly available dcc cv'c and other dcc commands with my expanded Dymanis system. Isn't this your best system for dcc ho?

Have things improved? Can I make my system better continuing to use Bachmann products?

I have so much invested in your system as we speak.

What's your response to this?

jward

Sounds like they got Dynamis confused with EZ COmmand. I was under the impression Dynamis was a full featured system.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Terry Toenges

The Bachmann haters are going to hate no matter what Bachmann puts out.
Feel like a Mogul.

Desert Rose

If not mistaken ESU makes the Dynamis for Bachmann. We run our Layout with a Dynamis system, Five wireless receivers with one 20ft cat5 extension cable, two 25ft cat5 extension cables and one 75ft cat5 extension cable for the wireless Receivers. four Bachmann 5amp power boosters, one every 50 to 75ft of track. We run at the same time 2 consist of 4 each DD40AX's (2 motors per unit, 16 total). 1 consist of 8 SD40-2's (1 motors per unit, 8 total). 1 consist of 8 GP40's (1 motors per unit, 8 total). it handles it just fine. It has two tears of function keys (1-10, 11-20), programs all the CV's to.

roundhouse foreman

Great layout D.R. with a system you are obviously very happy with, wish I had one like yours and the rolling stock to boot.
My quest for Bachmann answers was to get access to f-21 thru f-29.
These are used by aftermarket add on sound decoders to program their effects.
I have several steam engines as well as diesels with NCE decoders and I have had to add these decoder types to all of the units in order to have them sound equipped.
As we all are aware the Bachmann handheld IR controller device stops at f-20 and the chuff type selection on these devices is f-24, a basic need for anyone with sound. A Mother Hubbard is never supposed to sound like a Niagara 4-8-4.
Without the ability to change these f keys to the desired features these decoders will always be the base or factory selected options unable to be modified using the Dynamis system, correct? 
I prefer to learn from other peoples bloody knuckles instead of mine, as ho is small ha ha, so I'm here for lessons and answers for my particular situations.
Isn't it all about enjoying what we have? I appreciate any and all info out there.

RHF

Desert Rose

You are right the Dynamis F Keys go F1 to F20, I run Diesels, I have no need for F20 or above. However, I started putting SoundTraxx TSU-BH1 EDM decoders in, you can remap the F Keys. I can remap F22 Cab Chater with F20, F20 Steam Gen./Auxiliary HEP Gen to F22. Check with SoundTraxx they have a TSU-BH2 Steam decoder you can remap all your F Keys the way you like, So F24 can be remapped to F20. The Decoder you have might be able to remap, look into it.

roundhouse foreman

Good suggestion D.R., but where are these free decoders or free replacements or trade-in facilities or websites located? Having to replace over 30 decoders just to relocate f key functions seems highly unlikely and would involve some sort of Lottery check for me. That's well over $3000.00 to reconvert them all.
I hope you see I'm trying to stay Brand Loyal here guys, but do not want to be this limited in doing so, would you?
What will replacing what I need into to another system having "ALL" the nmra capabilities, as a basic footprint to start from, actually cost me using the rudimentary system I have? See my predicament? I'll only be running 9 trains max, but I will want them all to perform to all of their capabilities.
I should be able to continue using my 5 amp booster, so it seems I'll need a good handheld controller and an IR interface, if available, to maintain what I have now, right?
Bachmann have them available? The newer Dynamis Ultima only goes to f-21 I'm told from webinars.
I don't need a new car, just a new distributor and plug set should make mine run better.

RHF