News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

hminky, (BLI C-16)

Started by max (uk), January 01, 2008, 04:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

max (uk)

Hey hminky,

From your website i gatherd you have a Broadway On30 C-16. I am getting one of these in the post and im rather exsited. Any basic information you could give me about it? Like what adress is the decoder set to, how does it run Etc.

Also information about the C-16 from other members will be welcome.

Chatzi473

I have a c-16. for me it runs nice and sounds really well.

i think when you first run it on dcc its set to engine #2 or 3 can't remember witch one it was.

this is some videos of mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbjcWUqgfz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI3PpzdK284

max (uk)

Thanks,

From seeing some one elses video of it. I think it might be 3. Strange as Bachmann decoders are 3 aswell.

Also from seeing some of your other videos. You have a very nice layout underway.

David(UK)

Every DCC fitted loco I have bought was set to Engine #3 - I think this is the default setting.
The C16 was a nice model when it first came out, but still suffered in the detail department versus the Bachmann Mogul.
There's quite a bit of molded-in pipework that cries out to be replaced.
Other than, it is good looking model, runs well and wear ear defenders to listen to the sounds
Regards
David(UK)
Rail Baron of Leeds

ebtmike18

Every dcc decoder that I know of has a default address of 3.

ebtnut

You can adjust the sound volume on the BLI C-16.  I have one which came LOUD.  As I recall, there is a volume adjustment screw under the tender water hatch that will turn it down.

Tomcat

Max,
the decoder setting is "3" - same on almost every decoder I came along.
There is a little adjustment screw underneath the Tender´s water hatch,
adjustment can be done electronically too, but there´s no use to go that way.

There are masses of conversions available, did convert my DRGW "271" into her final look as the "Durango Switcher", the rooftop box came from PSC, the Switcher Pilot came from NG Trains in the UK. Did place new Domes from PSC´s range too - the actual ones don´t fit for 271.

The 278 mustn´t be converted, the 268 in her "Cinder-Ella" livery can be converted slightly: Paint the Wheelsets silver, the upper parts of the Cylinder Castings complete DRGW yellow. But the crucial part is the tender,
since it was a K-27 tender with a long backside tender beam - no way to convert this...

Always hoped, BLI will come back again with another On30 model since the C-16 and the Goose may have been good sellers... We´ll see.

Kind regards, Tom

max (uk)

Thanks all. That sound screw will come in handy. Im not botherd by a bit of molded-in pipework, as i probly couldnt do better with a kit etc.

I have got from NG Trains, as a sort of second hand but never been touched sort of thing.

Im shure BLI have sold many of both items. I remember when i bought my first On30 loco, (Climax from NG trains) there was a D&RG layout that was DC and almost all the engines were C-16's for there sound system.

As for the Gooses, i know some one who has two of the sound ones and he doesnt even have a On30 layout!

I have got the one in PRR, any background info on this, as i know PRR had a narrow gauge railway but dont know if they had C-16's. If not, was there a reason for BLI choosing to make one in PRR?

ebtnut

The Pennsy controlled two narrow gauge lines - the Ohio River and Western and the Waynesburg and Washington.  IIRC, neither road had a C-16 type loco.  The OR&W bought East Broad Top No. 7 second-hand in 1913.  No. 7 was built to the same blueprints as the D&RG C-19's.  Virtually all of the post-1900 power on the W&W were Alco 2-6-0's.  There is one still preserved at the Greene County Fairgrounds in Waynesburg, PA. 

max (uk)

Ah right. My layout is planning to be neer the OR&W. Makes a change from most people modeling the west.

max (uk)

It just arrived! Sound is good. Losts sound of functions.

Heres some pictures...

and a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zjuha65seU

max (uk)

I suppose it doesnt bump it back to the top when you edit posts.  ::)