Bachmann 2-6-0 Alco Sound Value Automatic Bell and Whistle

Started by Desert Rose, February 10, 2023, 03:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Rose

Activate the Automatic Sound:
If you want Automatic Bell and Whistle, the Sound Value Decoder (SoundTraxx) is setup CV198=6, CV193=2, CV194=11.  When step one is selected with the throttle the Automatic Bell and Automatic Whistle works. When step three is selected with the throttle the Automatic Bell shuts off. When step one is selected with the throttle the Automatic Whistle works. Forward step one is selected with the throttle the Automatic Whistle sounds two long whistles and when stopped one short whistle. Reverse step one is selected with the throttle the Automatic Whistle sounds three short whistles and when stopped one short whistle.   

CV198=4 Automatic - Bell
CV198=2 Automatic - Whistle
CV198=6 Automatic - bell and Whistle
CV193-() Bell Start range anywhere between 1 and 126. CV193 must be lower than CV194.
CV194-() Bell off set point time must be higher than CV193.

trainman203

Why would anyone want automatic sounds?  Except maybe on a continuously running display layout.

Sound value, to me, has a lot of missteps in the choices of sounds and options made available. Probably the biggest erroneous omission, to me, is CV 113, the automatic silencing and keeping an engine silent until activated.  And the coupler crash.  Why the automatic sounds are taking up bytes in this basic level system is beyond me. Along with headlight dimming, which is a diesel era affectation and useless on steam locomotives.

I'd still rather any Soundtraxx products over TCS, though.  TCS is keeping me from buying a new decapod.

Desert Rose

If you want automatic silencing and keeping an engine silent until activated, the Diesel Sound Value Decoder (SoundTraxx) is setup CV116=2.  When step one is selected with the throttle the Sound works.

Quentin

Quote from: trainman203 on February 13, 2023, 11:42:15 AMI'd still rather any Soundtraxx products over TCS, though.

What would you take over SoundTraxx? Econami? LokSound?
We're...
A...
GREAT BIG ROLLIN RAILROAD, one that EVERYBODY KNOWS

Desert Rose

SoundTraxx 884814 Tsunami2 TSU-BH2 2 Amp Digital Sound steam, full function drop-in decoder replacement for the sound value. and 885840 Tsunami2 TSU-BH1 2 Amp Digital Sound for Diesels, full function drop-in decoder replacement for the sound value. Put A TSU-BH1 in a SD40-2, standing fifty feet away on the other side of the train room, cracked off the horn and it was so loud it blew my hare back. Once you learn the new CV index system rather advanced, very impressive. I am going to upgrade my fleet with them.

trainman203

Cv 116 is the chuff rate in sound value.  If there is automatic silencing, I'd like to know.  Lack of it is my biggest problem with sound value.

I have tsunami2-2 in about 3/4 of my engines now.  The rest are a mixture of older tsunami's, the old Bachman Soundtraxx on-board sound, and a couple of Econamis.  I've worked with Soundtraxx products for so long I've become one with them.  I have a couple of BLI engines with paragon sound and dislike it for many reasons.

Desert Rose

On the DD40ax, GP40, SD40-2 Sound Value, CV116 is Engine Exhaust Control.

trainman203