Handrails and Complete Trucks

Started by stix701, February 17, 2023, 10:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stix701

Does anyone on here know where I can purchase parts for a Bachmann/Spectrum B23-7 older model years. I need Handrails and complete Trucks with gears? Also looking for the Bachmann Pancake motor assembly or just the parts. I already purchased the last of the shells and trucks from the Bachmann site.

jward

Why do you need the pancake motor for the B23-7? Those were originally Spectrum models if I recall correctly, and never used the pancake motor drive. A quick look at ebay showed no parts, but there were plenty of complete locomotives available at a reasonable price.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Len

Jeff's right. According to the exploded diagram, the BL23-7 uses a can motor with dual flywheels:
https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/HO_B23-7_DIESEL.pdf

Or is the pancake motor for something else? If 'something else', in many cases you can find a can motor chassis that will fit the old shell. Which gives you a better running loco, even if you have to do a bit of cutting and fitting to make the old shell fit.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

trainman203

In today's Model Railroading world, availability of parts for user repair is almost always a myth. You almost always need to buy another engine to get the parts.

Reminds me of the joke about the guy with two pet chickens. One got sick, so he killed the healthy one to make chicken soup to give to the sick one.

😂😂😂