STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2021, 08:34:45 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  HO
| | |-+  Spectrum DCC ready 4-8-2 wiring diagram
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Spectrum DCC ready 4-8-2 wiring diagram  (Read 616 times)
cact25

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2021, 10:50:40 PM »

Does anybody have a Spectrum DCC ready 4-8-2 wiring diagram? I seem to be missing a red wire from the
PCB to the truck.  Thanks.

Jim K
jonathan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 08:02:26 AM »

Jim,

Wiring diagrams don't exist for any model locos. Never seen one anyway.

On the PCB, you should see some sort of tab marked "PU+" or "PU-". It's been a while, so I can't be positive.

On the Mountains, the truck pick up wires are usually attached to the truck's post screw, by a small 'eye' connector.  The current is passed from the wheel brushes, to the screw, to the "red" or "black" wire, finally to the PCB.

On the Mountain tender trucks:  on truck picks up current from the right (+); the other truck picks up from the left (-).

Wish I could be more helpful.

Regards,

Jonathan
cact25

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 02:33:01 AM »

I don't see those legends on the PCB. I have pics of the PCB but too large for the forum. I can send them if anybod is interested.

Jim
Len

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 10:31:07 AM »

I don't see those legends on the PCB. I have pics of the PCB but too large for the forum. I can send them if anybod is interested.

Jim

To post pics you need to upload them to a hosting site like FLickr, PhotoBucket, or similar. Then put the link to the pic between [i m g] [/i m g] tags here.

That Attach: button under "Additional Options" is a relic of another time, and should have been removed long ago. There are general instructions for posting pics in the General Questions FAQ towards the bottom of the main forum page.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.
cact25

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 11:20:33 PM »

I don't have any of these pay sites.

Jim K
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: