News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Trench loco not working correctly on DC

Started by steve malone, February 18, 2023, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve malone

Hi   Just received my On30 trench loco, but runs horrible on DC.  Are all the locos like that? Have tried various DC controllers, mostly filtered. Works OK on DCC but I only have DC at my home where all other sound equipped Bachmann locos work fine. Bachmann service dept has offered to exchange but there seems no guarantee it will work on DC (?) . What can I do?   Some think wow sound does not work on DC?

John Tumolo

Steve-For what it's worth, I had a similar problem with the Bachmann 2-4-4-2.  It was resolved by purchasing a new transformer made by MRC.  It seems that those of us Luddites that refuse to use DCC need a bit more oomph that the standard power pack that came with the Bachmann train set years ago.  I settled on MRC Tech7 Ampac 760 power pack, and have been well satisfied with how it performs and how it makes my equipment run.  When I purchased my trench loco, I had no problems at all.  It did take a leap of faith, as a new power pack was around $100.00, and that's a lot to spend if it's not necessary.  Check with your local hobby shop or find one online.  I suggest the hobby shop, as they will surely be more help than a faceless internet store, IMHO.  Good luck!