News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Switching Scales HO to TT

Started by Geeper, February 17, 2023, 02:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph S

Never heard of TT (1:120) until now.   Old eyes have enough to deal with on HO.  If this TT catches on, I believe it'll be due to the younger generations not being able to afford the living spaces sufficient to support O and HO scale.   My oldest son just moved into a 1200 sq foot home, and the mortgage is 3 to 4 times my 2400 sq ft home. Let alone that home builders are making homes smaller, than when I left my parents home. 

So again, if TT catches on, maybe it'll be a race with N scale to be on top for scale modelers in the future! 

scott7891

Well I hope you are a good craftsman because that is what TT Scale is.  Very little out there available for it since it has been superseded by HO and N.  Me personally I would like a strong market and support behind a scale which is why I chose HO because it is the most popular and the smallest scale I can handle maintenance-wise.

Quote from: Ralph S on March 27, 2023, 01:44:08 PMNever heard of TT (1:120) until now.   Old eyes have enough to deal with on HO.  If this TT catches on, I believe it'll be due to the younger generations not being able to afford the living spaces sufficient to support O and HO scale.   My oldest son just moved into a 1200 sq foot home, and the mortgage is 3 to 4 times my 2400 sq ft home. Let alone that home builders are making homes smaller, than when I left my parents home. 

So again, if TT catches on, maybe it'll be a race with N scale to be on top for scale modelers in the future! 

If size is the issue you might as well go N.  Smaller than TT and way cheaper with a vast market and popularity to support it including from this forum, Bachmann.  TT doesn't make sense if we are talking practicality but if you like it more power to you just know the limitations and cost going in to it.