News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Williams True Sounds TM

Started by Fred Marzzacco, February 20, 2023, 02:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Marzzacco

I purchased a Williams True Blast for my 027 guage train the Bachmann 00258 after reading the instructions I see it does not have the live communications. All the other sounds are there. I would like to send it back and get the Williams True Sounds TM whitch includes Live Communications I did not realize there are so many versions.The one I have was never installed. I have tried to call to ask about the different models, but no one answerd my phone calls Thanks for your help in this matter Fred Marzzacco. My email is Fmrzoco@comcast.net

trainman203

Who did you try to call? The Bachmann Service center?

I'm afraid that if you bought a train set without knowledge of what was or wasn't in it, you won't be able to trade it in for something else.  Train sets are not automobiles. Once you open the package, they have near- zero resale value at all.

Yard Master

Hi Fred,

The Williams True Sounds system was designed many years ago for Williams Reproductions by QSI. Because it was made so long ago by a third party and predates Bachmann's ownership of Williams, it is no longer available for sale or installation. You may be able to still find older upgrade kits on eBay or other sellers.

This thread on the O Gauge Railroading forum has a little more information on True Sounds.

trainman203

And QSI is no longer in business.  Today's decoders are astronomically better anyway. My personal preference is Soundtraxx, at the moment, Bachmann appears to prefer TCS decoders.

Len

Nothing to do with decoders. He's talking about the 'True Blast' sound unit that comes in the Williams by Bachmann locomotives. Some pre-Bachmann Williams locos had the QSI boards with 'live chat', similar to someone elses 'crew talk'. The Bachmann boards dropped that.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

trainman203

Still ..... QSI is gone, and any decoder made today will far surpass any of those early sound units.

Len

Except Williams/Williams by Bachmann is O/O27 equipment designed to operate from an AC transformer to maintain compatibility with older Lionel and Marx equipment.

Since the E-Unit in a modern locos is converting the AC from the track to DC for the can motors, it's theoretically possible to remove the guts and install a high current DCC decoder. But then you lose compatibility with any older AC equipment.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.