News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge Coaches

Started by Mike1121, February 27, 2023, 10:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike1121

Hey everyone. I need some feedback from everyone regarding the free rolling capabilities of the narrow gauge coaches.
About 4 days ago I got 2 of each narrow gauge coach in the mail after waiting FOREVER for them to be re-released. I've come to notice that they hate to free roll and their wheels are too tight within their slots.
Skarloey can barely pull 2 of the coaches on a flat and level track, and the second an incline is presented, he just wheel slips. Peter Sam having the powered rear wheel can pull them better, but I feel as if they shouldn't be this stiff. I even lubed the wheels up and nothing.
Has anyone else noticed that their narrow gauge coaches are stiff rollers and are a challenge for the engines to pull? Or did I just get really unlucky and get 4 stiff coaches? Feedback is appreciated!

Chaz

To play it safe, I would get in touch with Bachmann's customer service department and show them your proof of purchase and send the coaches their way.  They can either replace the wheels for you or send you free new ones.  Strange how four coaches had that same problem.  Fortunately this wasn't the case with mine but hopefully they can get yours fixed.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.