News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track rerailer with wire

Started by bill collins, February 28, 2023, 07:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill collins

I wonder how many of these I'll need to add to my track plan to be used as bus wires. My track plan is two 4' x 8' sections joined together by a 2' x 4' section ?

jward

To be honest, if you're thinking of running a bus line, you're already thinking way beyond the plug n play simplicity of the EZ track rerailers. Learn how to solder power wires directly to the rail joints. It's far more flexible than using rerailers, and cheaper as well.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

trainman203

I've actually done that on my point-to-point layout. The entire main line is EZ track which looks really good once you paint it and ballast it. The ties are very scale sized compared to some other track I used.

I hate wiring Model Railroads.  The only wiring I have is from my NCE command station to an EZ track re-railer about 1/3 away from one end of the layout. And that's it. Except for the one issue detailed below.

A few years ago I started to have a noticeable voltage drop on the end of the longer 2/3 section of the layout. So I put a Terminal rerailer at the end of that long portion, and connected it to the first terminal retailer that had the initial feed from the command station. It took two 10 foot Bachmann cables to do it, but the solution was EZ!  No soldering! I hate wiring as much as I hate building bench work. That 20 foot power feed has been in service for 15 years now with nary a problem. 

I have thought about extending the layout another 10 feet past that remote point. The new terminal re-railer has a plug on the backside of that can use to still feed power even further, if I choose to do it.

Some people really like being electricians with their Model Railroad. Not me. I'd much rather run a train!  Branchline Railroading is perfect for simplicity, when you only have two trains out on the line at once at most.

Terry Toenges

Plug the connectors from the track into these. You can daisy chain them too.
Feel like a Mogul.