News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Looking for a DCC Mogul tender.

Started by Terry Toenges, March 25, 2023, 06:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

I'm still looking for a Bachmann On30 DCC 2-6-0 Mogul tender. I don't even need the body. Just the chassis with the PCB board and connector harness. Does anyone have one they want to part with?
Feel like a Mogul.

Fred Klein

Terry, your best bet may be to keep on the lookout for local train show. I went to one this past weekend and one vendor was selling a DC 2-6-0 with two custom tenders for $100. These tenders did not have any connections to the loco since they were DC. However, I'm sure that at some point, someone will have a DCC-ready tender for sale. Best of luck in your search.

Fred
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

Terry Toenges

There aren't any local trains shows. I'm about 70 miles south of St. Louis.
I couldn't do a train show anyway.
I'm on 4 liters of oxygen 24/7 plus walking any kind of distance I have to use a cane. I get out of breath just going the 15-20 feet from the house to the car and have to sit and wait for my oxygen level to build back up before I drive. A couple of months ago, I developed a tortuous (twisted) esophagus and I have to be on a liquid diet from now on.
I'm just a mess now.
Feel like a Mogul.

Fred Klein

Although I'm not on oxygen, I developed asthma after my covid vaccination plus it aggravated the arthritis in my back, particularly my sciatica, so walking any distance is not possible for me either. In the house I walk with a push-around walker or with a cane but for longer trips, such as to the store I bought myself an electric scooter which goes with me when I go on an excursion. The scooter is light enough so that my wife and I can unload it from our vehicle and it will run most of a day on a charge. I took the scooter to the train show. I live out in the country, about 95 miles south of Orlando and you're right, we don't have a "local" train show either. I guess when you have to drive about 100 miles to a hobby store, the term "local" becomes relative. The train show I went to was at the Volusia County Fairgrounds, which is about an hour and forty-minutes away, but that passes here as local.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know about what I'd found because when I saw that 2-6-0, I remembered this post. Unfortunately, the tenders were not what you needed.

Fred
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

Terry Toenges

I appreciate the thought. I check Ebay every once on a while and have asked on the Facebook On30 page.
Feel like a Mogul.