STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 02, 2021, 09:10:26 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  N
| | |-+  EMD GP7
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EMD GP7  (Read 409 times)
sgtallen

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2021, 10:40:31 PM »

I am trying to locate one part number 00G01 light lens any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated
Quentin

Working on a ceiling shelf layout

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 03:11:57 PM »

It doesn't look like they sell it anymore. You might try searching local hobby stores to see if they sell junk trains and take the part off one. Even if they don't sell junk trains, try to find a cheap working one. And still take the lens off. Or you could try searching something like EBay or Facebook marketplace or something like that. Otherwise, I think you might be out of luck. Is there just an empty hole where the lens is supposed to go, or is the lens just cracked or something?

Quentin

Quentin D.
sgtallen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 03:36:35 PM »

It came out and I didn't realize it until I started taking it apart to change markings and road number
James in FL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 11:28:51 PM »

Check the Microscale site for Kristal Klear. It makes great lenses and windows.

http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MD&Product_Code=MI-9&Category_Code=FINPROD

If you have the correct size hole punch, you can use clear acetate.
Or as suggested by Quentin, find an organ donor on eBay, or a train show.

Good luck
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 11:34:47 PM by James in FL » Logged
Quentin

Working on a ceiling shelf layout

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 08:40:39 AM »

Oof, that's tough luck, that lens falling out.

Speaking of train shows, Tulsa just had some HO scale model railroading club that travels the country do a train show a while back. I went, and it was definitely not as good as the ads said it would be. Think of a Tyco HO scale train vs. Walthers or Bachmann. They were advertising some trains that they made that were made from plastic, and were saying that they were better than Bachmann! I almost laughed out loud.

They did have some good Bachmann parts and trains, though, and I actually bought an authentic Bachmann es44ac in Conrail colors. It was being sold by someone who already bought the thing, which seemed slightly sketchy, but I had the guy run it on their pretty large layout, and it worked like a charm. Pulled 15 cars. I bought it for $140, which was a steal of a deal compared to the retail price of $329. Great locomotive.

Another question for anyone who knows: Will Bachmann's ES44AC locomotives work of 18"diameter curves? It says "Works best on 22" diameter curves or greater", but I have mainly 18" diameter curves. Do I need to go get a bulk pack of 22" dia. curves to run it?

Thanks!
Quentin

Quentin D.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: