News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bluetooth failure to pair

Started by peter biancalana, March 08, 2023, 09:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter biancalana

I just bought a bluetooth bachmann train  57803. I bought it at a train show and it was in a sealed box. I had to break the seal to take it out.
I put it on a track powered by a simple Bachman controller 44211. I tried to pair it with my I-Phone and my Android phone and neither phone is able to see the device on the Bluetooth pairing window.
I put another engine on the track and it ran, so the controller is good.
Did I just get a broken train or is there something else that can be done to get the train Bluetooth up and running?
Pete

Yard Master

Hi Peter,

The only thing that may be preventing you from connecting to the locomotive is if you have the power turned all the way up on the speed controller. Make sure it is running at full throttle when you try to connect.

Also, just to be clear, are you looking for the locomotive in the main Bluetooth pairing window on your phones, or via the E-Z App? Unlike other Bluetooth devices like a speaker or headset, the locomotive can only be connected via the E-Z App itself.

If you are still having issues after this, please contact the Bachmann service department.

Geeper

Hi Peter, This is the joy of having "smart" everything. The reality of conflicts are endless. Your Roomba conflicts with your smart washing machine. My daughters security doorbell triggers her room Hepa air-cleaner. Building and maintaining secure connections with multiple devices, including smart technology locos, is our Achilles heel. One neighbors house security system screws up his Roku... The day of AI inter-operablity is upon us. Bluetooth has avoided many conflict issues so may not be your problem here.
Just be aware... lots of "wireless signals" are in the air today and increasing daily. Even frequency "tone protected" devices and encrypted radio systems have bleed over... Technological singularity is quickly approaching. May we live in interesting times, is a blessing and a curse.
Keep smiling and remember the basics of all electrical devices... to include our Locos...   :)