Big Hauler Santa Fe 4-6-0 Boiler Handrails (?)

Started by jaystuart, March 10, 2023, 02:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaystuart

Hello,
I recently purchased a Big Hauler set (Santa Fe 4-6-0) and the handrails that run along either side of the boiler from the cab to near the front of the smokebox are damaged.  I've looked at the Backmann parts site and spoken with Ruth at Bachmann with no results.  She referred me here.  If anyone has a lead, please help.  I can't upload a photo because the directory is full(?)  Thanks!

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Jay,

If you are talking about the R/C 4-6-0 Big Hauler, I cant remember if the handrails were molded one piece or had the separate stanchions and the railing went thru the stanchions. You can post a picture using one of the photo apps go to your app and select the photo and click on one of the options that will allow you to copy the link to the photo and then paste it here. 

Looking at some not so great photos It looks like that piece is a one piece molded handrail.

The best you can do is find an R/C loco on Ebay and use it for parts.  I did find an Anniversary 4-6-0 boiler complete for 39.95 at the link below.  Right now with the parts sale going on you could even get 25% off that and try to use  those handrails on yours. That is an amazing price.

https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_623&products_id=4475

Hope it helps a little!

Cheers & Beers!

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!