News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Peter Sam Problems

Started by GlennockGoblin, March 11, 2023, 07:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlennockGoblin

Hey all,

So I am working on my Skarloey Railway layout, and I made the mistake of running my Peter Sam model before the ballast glue dried. Now I think he got Scenic Cement in his wheels. I wiped them down with my track cleaning block and he started and then stopped, and then with a disinfecting wipe which got him to start but then stop again. What should I do?

And as the ballast glue dries on the whole layout, I'm worried that it will affect the operation of my trains. When I ballasted one section, both Skarloey and Peter Sam stopped altogether when the glue dried until I moved a track piece with a screwdriver, and that got it working again. I'm using Atlas track BTW.

UPDATE: I am not sure, but Peter Sam seems to have either a jammed gear or jammed wheel, as I just tested him again and he goes forward and backward but stops after going the same distance in either direction.

Chaz

It sounds like the wheels on your Peter Sam model likely got dirty from running on the track that wasn't dry yet. I would recommend picking up an n gauge wheel cleaner and have Peter Sam's wheels run on that.  Here's one on Trainworld if you want to check it out:

https://www.trainworld.com/woodland-scenics-tt4560-roto-wheel-cleaner-n-scale-woodland-scenics-tt4560.html

Local hobby shops in your area may have this as well, so I would recommend contacting them. Hope this helps.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.