Pilot Truck with Spoked Wheel (Large 4-6-0)

Started by rickannett@gmail.com, March 13, 2023, 03:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickannett@gmail.com

I am trying to locate a............ Pilot Truck with Spoked Wheel (Large 4-6-0).  Bachmann has been out of stock of this part for 6 months.  Any idea of a source for this part?)

doug c

Do you have the Bachmann p/n to share ?
Or possible link to it within their parts catalog ?

Thinking I'll be popping into one of local vendors that I've noticed in past with a few diff. B'mann parts. So ...
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Guys,

While the old style truck has been out of stock, the new style pilot truck is available even with spoked wheels.  It is easy to retrofit your older 4-6-0 with this truck. Same for the older Annies as well. 

Here is a link to it:
https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_623&products_id=9850

I just requires one drill hole a screw and connecting the two wires to the truck.

This truck can be installed on any of the Big Hauler Standard line 4-6-0's or older Annies as well!!

I strongly recommend that you get this part while they still have some, all to often once parts are out of stock they rarely return. 

I your 4-6-0 needs a new pilot truck without spoked wheels Then replace the wheels in the new truck with solid wheels from your old damaged truck. 

If you give this a try please post how it went for you!

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!