STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2022, 06:16:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  A problem with Gordon's front wheels
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A problem with Gordon's front wheels  (Read 948 times)
TB7Studios

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2021, 03:02:21 AM »

For some reason out of nowhere. My new Bachmann Gordon model's having this issue where his front wheels (pilot truck) keep coming off the rails repetitively on right-hand curves. The track was smooth with no bumps or kinks. And it happens whether I run him fast or slow.

I tried flatting out the drawbar, Tightening and loosening the screws, swapped screws around. Swapped parts from my Bachmann Henry model. Nothing seems to keep it from coming off the track. Though for some reason it seems to do just fine on left-hand curves. So I honestly have no idea what's going on.

If anyone has either dealt with this problem before with either Gordon or Henry and has the solution to this problem. I'm all ears.
TrainCollector

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 12:42:56 AM »

Not with switches but then again I donít usually operate with switches whenever I set up my HO scale train set. My issue with Gordon is that the catalog and the website suggests that Gordon can run on 18 inch radius curves or greater. Iíve own several Gordon models over the years. I just recently got a new Bachmann Gordon because this new model with the new packaging features Gordon with his high gloss finish with a slightly darker shade of blue. In my opinion, Gordonís currently looks as if Bachmann took his Perspex model used in seasons 3, 4 and 5 and shrunk it down to HO scale. Not only that, the new model also has been updated with an all new metal housed motor as well as a die cast metal chassis. Now onto my problem with Gordon. As I said the catalog and the online website recommend that Gordon run on 18 inch radius curves or greater. You see every single time I run Gordon on my loop of track using the 18 inch curves, his tender derails. However whenever I use my 26 inch radius curves, he runs perfectly fine with no trouble whatsoever. I think Bachmann needs to change their recommendation that Gordon performs best on 22 inch radius curves or greater because obviously the 18 inch radius curves are too tight for a long engine like Gordon. Henry doesnít have this issue and neither does Spencer considering the fact that heís longer than Gordon as well as 8 tender wheels as opposed to 6. This is my advice on Gordon. Hope this helps.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: