News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Durango and Silverton boxcars

Started by mickeykelley, April 07, 2023, 06:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeykelley

Does anyone know the history of these?  I recently acquired 2 of these (see pics) on eBay.  Both have the same number but one is more reddish and with a black roof the wording is a also more extensive on it. The other has the body and roof the same color. I'm guessing just different release dates?

mickeykelley

Won't take the pic even though less that the 350 limit

Greg Elmassian

you mean 350 pixels across or 350k bytes?
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

Loco Bill Canelos

Hey Mickey,

Just post the Ebay link, or post the pic to a host site like Dropbox and post that link here.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

mickeykelley

Quote from: Greg Elmassian on April 08, 2023, 11:49:57 AMyou mean 350 pixels across or 350k bytes?

I don't remember it just said something about the 350 limit and I even tried the smallest resolution.  It said contact administrator but they have never been responsive so I post on another site. 

https://www.mylargescale.com/threads/bachmann-durango-and-silverton-boxcars.93190/#post-1179435

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Mickey,

In 1994 Bachmann made a "Limited Edition of 1200"  of the Durango & Silverton Boxcar Item 93322.  It was a hit and sold out in a year.  As the real D&S became more popular as years went by, Bachmann made a Durango & Silverton  Freight Set 90057 The set also had a Durango & Silverton Boxcar with the same number.  The set was in the catalog from  2006 to 2013.   

Based on old photos I believe the set had the Box car 3633 with the Red Roof while the 93322 limited edition car had the black roof and the same number 3633.

Bachmann was horrible about not changing numbers when they did a second run of most products.  Back in the day I yelled and screamed at them to change the numbers when making a new run but they never did except for a few of the Big Hauler 4-6-0's

Take care, Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!